Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hurtgen Forest

Article about: These finds i did over the last few years, searching the Hurtgen Forest battlefield. I'ts the region south of Aachen where US troops fought the Germans in the late '44 / early '45 period.

HVK
    ?

Default Re: Hurtgen Forest

Ha! Good question... He looked at me as this happened everyday and said that they would look after it.... The place was quite easy to find and I had marked it. But I dont know more as I left the day after for returning for my wifes birthday (important !!!).

So I dont know - but one could fear that he did nothing... I will look next time I go to Hürtgen... :-)

I must admit that I did not understand the problems the allied had with the terrain before I did see it. The hills are so steep that I had to crawl up of them sometimes....

?

Some more items found on the Hurtgen battlefield in 2006/2007.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hurtgen Forest   Hurtgen Forest  

Hurtgen Forest   Hurtgen Forest  

Hurtgen Forest  

Beautiful pocket watch... Tremendous force needed to deform it like that... maybe owner run over by a tank.

?

Quote by hassiman View Post
    Beautiful pocket watch... Tremendous force needed to deform it like that... maybe owner run over by a tank.
    I found the watch in a crater, together with the remnants of a Garand belt and some buttons.
    Also a small medicine bottle and an US belt buckle.
    With all these finds in one spot (in the crater), i can imagine what happend to the owner!

?

I thought that digging was absolutely not allowed in this area?

?

yes excellent history relics - thanks

I love that sterling marked Captains bar, it's in beautiful condition !!

Thanks for showing your great finds !

?

Quote by napalm View Post
    I thought that digging was absolutely not allowed in this area?
    Not only in this area, it's not allowed on any battlefield unless you have permission!

Default Hand Grenades From the Hurtgen forest

Hi, here are a few US Mk2 grenades that were found in the Hurtgen Forest by a friend. They are my favorite grenades in my entire collection (i have about 60 now) One Mk2 is a older US yellow grenade that was repainted green for the War. I have another like this in much better, almost perfect cond, but like this one better!! These grenades were issued, carried and then lost somehow. Dropped, lost, dud, or even.....who knows now, but they were there for a real battle, and a terrible one at that. ( for the US, surely)

The Mills bomb came from close-by somewhere, I have a google earth exactly where it was found but do not remember, Belgium I think.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hurtgen Forest   Hurtgen Forest  

Hurtgen Forest  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2