Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!

Article about: Sadly Frenchy,i had a Pm from him a couple of minutes ago,and he's going right and straight in the wall...Paranoia i think... So i do confirm:these helmets are no longer for sale,too risky f

Default an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!

Boys......I'm sharing here with the WW1 aficionados,what i think is the most incredible find for a couple of years ,in our soil of France.
    A member of my french forum digged this stuff last week,in a kind of dump site.
    This is not something our eyes are able to see without instantly crying....
    And it's only the beginning,he's today back on the place and keep on diggin'!!
    Pics courtesy of Harvest.
    Russia's not the only place to dig,ha ha ha !!!France's first!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!   an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!  

an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!   an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!  

an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!   an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!  

?

Default Re: an incredible WW1 ground digged find!!!!!!!

My god!! what a tresure trove! Hope you can put some more pictures up,fabulous..congratulations!

I will post asap new pics,thanks for him,can you believe he's only 24?

?

Well im sure a find like that will boost his militaria enthusiasm! Cant wait to see the new pictures...

The lucky guy is ready to sell some of them,if someone's ever interested...

That is just incredible. I can't imagine a find of that kind again...ever!

A big congrats to those guys.

I'd like to know the history of that site and that odd, square shaped "well" as well as the relics.

That is awesome. I'm very happy for the young man. Plenty of great stuff to keep and enough to finance more digs. Can't ask for much more.
    Out of curiosity, what are the cans? Seems like a odd mix, a big bunch of helmets and cans. Anything else in there?

?

WOW, unbelievable

Awesome. Lucky man. Those cans seem to be gas masks canisters. Isn't it unbelievable that the helmets were preserved so well after almost 100 years? They have the camo paint and no rust at all? How is that possible?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Correct Donkihotis,these are gas mask canisters!One thing you have to keep in mind,is that (as seen on the pics) this dump has been drowned for decades,and so the helmets were preserved from the contact with the air.
    This dump was located after reading french soldiers mails and asking the old,old,old "pecnots"(french word for farmers...)if they had some souvenirs;And it paid!
    The guy doesn't even need a MD!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast