Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Military Colourised Photos

Article about: Hello, Thread for colourised war photos from all periods.

RTH
    ?

Franz Halder (30 June 1884 – 2 April 1972) was a German general and the chief of staff of the Army High Command (OKH) in Nazi Germany from 1938 until September 1942. During World War II, he directed the planning and implementation of Operation Barbarossa, the 1941 invasion of the Soviet Union. Halder became instrumental in the radicalisation of warfare on the Eastern Front. He had his staff draft both the Commissar Order (issued on 6 June 1941) and the Barbarossa Decree (signed on 13 May 1941) that allowed German soldiers to execute Soviet citizens for any reason without fear of later prosecution, leading to numerous war crimes and atrocities during the campaign. After the war, he had a decisive role in the development of the myth of the clean Wehrmacht.

RTH
    ?

And this one took me hours... Wilhelm Bodewin Johann Gustav Keitel (22 September 1882 – 16 October 1946) was a German field marshal and war criminal who held office as chief of the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (OKW), the high command of Nazi Germany's Armed Forces, during the Second World War. In that capacity, Keitel signed a number of criminal orders and directives that led to numerous war crimes.

Quote by RTH View Post
    Werner Lorenz. Haven't quite worked out fair hair yet. Also, not sure about the background. I'm sure there is something wrong with the armband but I just can't put my finger on it. I would appreciate some suggestions please.

Attachment 1522659

Cheers
    The armband needs to be lightened to a crimson red color, its a tad too dark. I've been reading what you have done and it is with excellent results. Thank you for enlightening me on all of this. I have several black and white images and am considering the Adobe photo shop app. At 21 bucks a month though...what ever happened with buying an app like this and paying for updates when they become available? With 20 or maybe 30 images to work on makes me wonder if it's worthwhile to rent an app.

RTH
    ?

Thank you for that. Some day I might go back to that image and redo it with my further developed skills. Interesting actually, you can see how my colourisations have changed from the start of this thread to now. I would be happy to give some of those images a go if you want, depends on what they are like.

Many thanks

Quote by RTH View Post
    Thank you for that. Some day I might go back to that image and redo it with my further developed skills. Interesting actually, you can see how my colourisations have changed from the start of this thread to now. I would be happy to give some of those images a go if you want, depends on what they are like.

Many thanks
    Thank you for the education. Now I know how this can be done I have to figure out if the images I have can be done in a 7 day free trail of Adobe photo shop. I already know the answer...NO, lol. Getting the app and using it while educating myself would no doubt take a few more days if not a couple of weeks. I have to look again at the b&w images I have to see the number of them I want to do. The only problem with fence sitting is getting poked in the butt! Thanks again and excellent job you've done!

RTH
    ?

Did this. Has been done before though.

RTH
    ?

Just finished this. Again, has been done before.

RTH
    ?

Progress on latest:

RTH
    ?

Did this:

EDIT: The forum seems to change the colours a bit - it may look a bit funny on some people's screens.

I'm really happy to see you got the technique down, as you probably found out its hard to teach someone how to do it. You can definitely teach someone the steps but you cant teach them "how" to colorize. Your pictures are turning out great, thanks for sharing them with us.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast