Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 218 219 220 221 222
Results 2,211 to 2,215 of 2215

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Simply thank for waht you are doing

Have you ever find something Italian? Were there Italians there?

I am interested about ARMIR in Russia

Everybody suffered and as a old Alpino said:" Russians defended their land, more than fair, we were sent over there to die in snow"

No more war!

Quote by bersagliere View Post
    Simply thank for waht you are doing

Have you ever find something Italian? Were there Italians there?
    Hello. Thanks for your interest to my thread!
    No, I didn't find Italian items here. Nothing.
    In archive documents we can find information about Italian transport column. They arrived to Stalingrad in middle November 1942 for construction material to make winter bunkers in Don front next to Voronezh. But they were not lucky guys. On November 23, the mousetrap slammed shut and they were inside the pocket.

Hi, thanks for the answer, interesting!

The sector for ARMIR was Voronezh. It was not an easy task the Russian campaign, due bad weather. Your work is really a "memento" for future generations.

An Italain Infantryman reported instead a very lucky event: a Russian in black leather uniform with a PPSh went out his T 34 (after a battle) and seeing italians hiding on the road, he approched to them.

He did not kill them or shot at them, but in a mixture of Spanish and Italian said "Italiansky karasho, return to your home and families!"

The soldiers were really afraid and curious at the same time. According the author, probably could be one of the International Brigades from Russia that fought in Spain in 1936-39.

By the way there are a lot of human aspects about Russian campaign. In fact writer Mario Rigoni Stern returning in Russia was well welcomed by villagers.

Under the uniform there were men. Rossos' years ago opened a school built with fund os Italian Alpini association, as sign of brotherhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_VOMo6GiA

At 9:51 An Italian explains the hard life during the retreat, with a surpising ending (until video ends)

Keep on your job !

TWS
    ?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Hello. Thanks for your interest to my thread!
    No, I didn't find Italian items here. Nothing.
    In archive documents we can find information about Italian transport column. They arrived to Stalingrad in middle November 1942 for construction material to make winter bunkers in Don front next to Voronezh. But they were not lucky guys. On November 23, the mousetrap slammed shut and they were inside the pocket.
    I remember reading about that unfortunate unit in one of Jason D. Mark's books. However, it was only company-sized if I recall, so not surprising that no trace of their presence has been found.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks for the video link, I'll watch it, very intersting to read your testimonies too.