Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Striking war photos

Article about: Good day to all, I thought I would start a thread on which members can post any striking/amazing/wow war photos from any conflicts. Hopefully it will sort of create a bank of images which re

RTH
    ?

Am I right in thinking that the guard in this photo was shortly taken off after this identification by some ex-prisoners and battered to a pulp, or I am I getting two stories mixed up?

P.S. Thank you Carl for putting the warning there.

?

Here is a family member of mine after returning from an Allied POW camp in 1947. Look closely, his wife is holding him up, and he has the thousand yard stare. His name was August Bender. I posted this based on the pics in post #7.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Striking war photos   Striking war photos  

Naa it's his Mother in law being there

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Naa it's his Mother in law being there
    Funny one. . Actually, I just received a box of old family pics I'n still working thru. The older lady is for sure his Mother. Have a pic of him as a kid with her. Hope to find more.

One I believe is from Crete. Ex my digital archive.

One more for now, also Crete para.

?

Warning - some of these are graphic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Striking war photos   Striking war photos  

Striking war photos   Striking war photos  

RTH
    ?

Amazing photos Rene and Weller! Even though some of those were graphic, I believe taking graphic photos in war is very important. How else can future generations get an idea of the horror of war and what to avoid? A picture tells a thousand words. My heart goes out to those who had the job of photographing the Nazi rampage for evidence against them. The pictures that came back from concentration and death camps chill the soul.

Cheers

RTH
    ?

WARNING! GRAPHIC IMAGES!

Striking war photos
    The inside of a Dachau death train
    Striking war photos
    Priest Friedrich Hoffman testifies at the trial of former camp personnel and prisoners from Dachau. In his hand he holds records showing that hundreds of priests died at the camp after being exposed to malaria during Nazi medical experiments.
    Striking war photos
    The inside of a Dachau prison cell
    Striking war photos
    Gas chamber at Dachau marker 'shower bath'
    Striking war photos
    Photograph allegedly showing an unauthorized execution of SS troops in a coal yard in the area of the Dachau concentration camp during its liberation—part of the Dachau liberation reprisals. 29 April 1945
    Striking war photos
    Two ex-Dachau prisoners demonstrate the crematorium presumably to the Allies

?

Here’s a interesting one. Hitler in 1933 . This little girl and Him shared birthdays and He became very fond of Her. Even choosing to ignore Her Jewish roots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Striking war photos  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast