Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Are there any American diggers out there?

Article about: I know there is alot of British ,French and German that are ww1 and ww2 diggers but I would like to know if there is any American diggers out there ,I am talking about individual people not

?

Default re: Are there any American diggers out there?

Hello Chris, No trip to Europe yet but would like to one day. I live about an hours drive from a closed airforce base. When it closed it was a B52 bomber nuke base but during WWII it was a fighter base. Of course it would all be american items...but I have big plans for this summer. Ive walked around and found bullet casings and such but metal detecting Im sure will prove to be rewarding! An old timer who was stationed at the base post WWII told me of a P51 mustang crash at the end of the runway in the woods...have to explore! ...Best regards Edwin

Default re: Are there any American diggers out there?

Hey Chris,

I'm probably, the only U.S. "regular" relic hunter in the Pacific rim. But I live in Korea so my area of *ahem* expertise is the Korean war. I've spent 5+ years reading
    and research and 2 years relic hunting. There was one poster that mentioned U.S. civil war relic hunting and that kind of ties in with my searches as I've found a number of relics dating from
    1871 with the U.S./Korea expeditionary force. I don't come across any ww2 relics, but I do find relics dating from that time period.

Default Re: Are there any American diggers out there?

I have looking for Americans that dig in Europe but no luck.

Hi chriss,
    I know an American who live's in Germany, with whom I go Relic Hunting.
    I will ask if he want's to get in contact with you.

Grtz Steven

Quote by WW2Hunter View Post
    Hi chriss,
    I know an American who live's in Germany, with whom I go Relic Hunting.
    I will ask if he want's to get in contact with you.

Grtz Steven
    That would be great.

I'm an American living in Germany and I do a lot of digging in Germany,Belgium and Luxembourg.
    I've made some very interesting find, As a matter of fact I know 5 or 6 other Americans that go as well.
    I don't know of any clubs around here,But most of the time we do go out in pairs just in case one of us gets blown up or something. LOL

Dave.

Quote by Bunghole View Post
    I'm an American living in Germany and I do a lot of digging in Germany,Belgium and Luxembourg.
    I've made some very interesting find, As a matter of fact I know 5 or 6 other Americans that go as well.
    I don't know of any clubs around here,But most of the time we do go out in pairs just in case one of us gets blown up or something. LOL

Dave.
    Maybe next time I am in Europe we can go relic hunting.
    Here my area Normandy US zone ,Meuse Argonne, Ardennes,wiesbaden and a couple other spots.

?

I've dug many small holes in the rocky soil around places such as Chancellorsville, Harpers Ferry and Culpeper, Va. Found an assortment of Civil War bullets and battlefield debris, but not that much of value ...unless one has a thing for old pop-tops and shot-gun shells. Nevertheless, I would like nothing better than to take a relic hunting trip to Europe, which includes both battlefields and week-end street faires. I did a fair amount of work at Patch Barracks, Stuttgart area, in the 1990's and that is where I started collecting WWII Luftwaffe, RAF and USAAF. If anyone decides to mount a trip, I'm up for it.

Yeah that sounds good, but I would like to bring my buddy Steven ( ww2hunter ) with us.
    Let me know when your planing to come over and we'll work something out.
    Dave.

Quote by Bunghole View Post
    Yeah that sounds good, but I would like to bring my buddy Steven ( ww2hunter ) with us.
    Let me know when your planing to come over and we'll work something out.
    Dave.
    That would be great,I will do that.
    Thank you.
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2