Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Are these possibly German Positions?

Article about: Hello Forum, I‘ve recently bought an metal detector and started going out and searching for battlefield relics, I sadly live too far away from any major battles, so my searching ground is

Thats no nails a german "Krampe"

?

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    If you not search in Bavaria you need a license to search there
    Be careful if you found grenades, weapons, mines and other warstuff because they can explode
    BR
    Bavarian
    Are you in Bavaria ? If not do you have a licence to excavate ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

The law isnt that simple, it would be illegal to search on "floor monuments" and in general with the intention to find "cultural monuments" wich is in my case not the case, as WW2 Stuff does not count as significant in this matter, only if i could be convicted of searching especially for cultural monuments i could be found guilty, atleast in my state, and as this is not the case (I look up if there is any cultural monument where i´m searching), what i´m doing is unproblematic.

The laws differ from state to state, and in the next state - where i of course dont search, searching with the possibility of finding any cultural monument is already illegal.

I´m gonna move to a different state this year, and there the laws are way stricter, so i will have to get a license by then.

Interestingly enough searching isnt even illegal, only the digging itself... or rather the finding.

Also, if i would find something older, or any ammunition, grenades... any explosives, i would of course report it to the authorities.

That’s a bucket list of mine one day to travel to Germany and visit sights where battles took place and Metal Detect! Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2