Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?

Article about: Hi friends, i wonder if any body can help me ID this relic please? It was found in a hedge a few miles south of carentan in normandy. The area saw heavy fighting between US 83rd div and germ

?

Default Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?

Hi friends, i wonder if any body can help me ID this relic please?
    It was found in a hedge a few miles south of carentan in normandy. The area saw heavy fighting between US 83rd div and german 17th SS panz, i believe...
    The item appears to be a motorcycle wheel, hub?? I just wondered if anybody recognised it, or could point me in another direction to find more about it?
    Many thanks as always...Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?Ww2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?

Guessing it had around 18 spokes on the hub, but can't recognise what it was from.

?

Thanks black cat, that sounds like a good point to look at... i did wonder if frpm a zundapp bike? Id not heard of them tho until i started looking this morning... here is a wheel from oneWw2 us battlefield find... motorcycle?

Definitely not from a Zundapp.

?

Hmmm ok thanks blackcat... i guess it just could be a bit of farming rubbish! Do you know what us and german motorcycles were definitely used in normandy?

Americans used Harley Davidson, Indian. Germans used Zundapp, BMW, Dkw, Triumph, the British used BSA, Norton. If you had found other components it might have helped to ID the type of motorcycle.

MAP
    ?

US WW2 motorcycles were the Harley and Indian

It is definitely a hub for a wheel. But for what I can't help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)