Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I need some help identifying the period of....

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I have a few photograps in my collection of which I am not 100% certain on the timeframe and I could use your expertise here. I am collecting the Finnish-Russian war and the

Default I need some help identifying the period of....

Hello gentlemen,

I have a few photograps in my collection of which I am not 100% certain on the timeframe and I could use your expertise here.
    I am collecting the Finnish-Russian war and the Great Patriotic War only so postwar items need to go. Some photograps were taken during the occupation period immediately after the GPW so these can stay in the collection as well but everything after not.
    I hope anyone is able to shed some light and I appreciate every input here!

The first is signed and dated twice. He's a navy officer but I am not knowledgable on Navy insignia.

Here's four photograps from the same person and I assume all are taken directly after the GPW.

Here's three photos that came from the same album containg Airforce mechanics. I have no clue about the timephrame.

Thanks for looking!
    All the best,
    Marcel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need some help identifying the period of....
    P
    Many

And I have a few more photographs of which I am not certain about timephrame:

1. The vehicle looks '50's?

3. Looks like ski troops but I also see a Russian naval flag if I am correct?

Navy officer is a junior lieutenant and the photo was taken 17/09/1945 in Port-Artur where Soviet Navy has been stationed right after the 1945 Soviet -Japanese war.

Inscriptions on the back of the photo:

1) "On a long and good memory of my wife Nina from Nicholas.
    Port -Arthur, September 17, 1945
    Signature: Kurguzov"

2) "A long and kind memory for my grandfather and Raja"

Thank you very much gentlemen! Any idea on time period of the other photos? I guess the 4 photos from the same soldier are taken somewhere in eastern Europe during the rush towards Berlin or otherwise just after the war in one of the occupied eastern European countries?!

And in particular I am curious to the airplane mechanics photos. I am not familiar with airforce uniforms and work clothes/overalls but I have the impression these are taken somewhere late war, could this be correct?

Btw, off topic: are you a fan of the band Dimmu Borgir? I really like the band myself since they started

Hello.
    Unfortunately, I do not understand Soviet uniform at all, so I can not help you, except for the Russian translation.

Off topic: Yes, only the first albums. More recent albums - became terrible in my opinion)

Thanks! I hope others can chime in about uniforms.

I agree with you about only the first being good. The last few are too dramatic haha