Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Kids in Uniform

Article about: Taken from the Internet. The Order of the Red Star young recipient, liberator of Yugoslavia- with local residents.

Taken from the Internet.
    The Order of the Red Star young recipient, liberator of Yugoslavia- with local residents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kids in Uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Kids in Uniform
    P
    Many

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Please do post more. I'm very interested in these Sons of the Regiment, who look very alert. Where can I get more info on them? Are all 3 of those medals on the 17 yo the same order?
    I will try my best to. I really can't point out where to find information just about them, but read books about the Eastern Front. For example in Ivan's War, a book that I read sometime ago, the author mentioned them.

The 3 orders are 1st, 2nd and 3rd class. The 1st class of Order of Glory are pretty rare (2,620 awarded) and when you gained all three variants of the orders, you would be titled "Cavalier of the Order of Glory".

Quote by Mehti Safarov View Post
    Taken from the Internet.
    The Order of the Red Star young recipient, liberator of Yugoslavia- with local residents.
    The same boy in the photo, that I just posted but only from a different angle. Very interesting and I haven't stumbled across this version before .

a shame to try and turn children into killers.

War truly is a nasty business. Usually sons of the regiment we're looked after by the RKKA regiments, after they had lost their parents and homes and usually to my understanding they weren't directly involved in combat, but of course that happened too and experiencing war is never a positive thing.

Suvorov Military School uniform.
    Order of Glory, Medal of Combat Merit, Medal of Valour.
    Bad Wound ribbon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kids in Uniform  

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    a shame to try and turn children into killers.
    Please note, kids under 18 have never been drafted! As Aleksander already mentioned, very few of them have ever seen a real fight. Vast majority were the orphans being just a wards with the units and serving with the headquarters, field canteens etc. - i.e. camp followers. One can understand the motivation of those few who were allowed to combat fighting an enemy who killed their parents. Therefore this is definitely not the same case as with the boy soldiers with the African warlords. However, I do agree, we will never ever wish every single child to experience the war.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Mehti Safarov View Post
    Suvorov Military School uniform.
    Order of Glory, Medal of Combat Merit, Medal of Valour.
    Bad Wound ribbon.
    It seems rather Defense Caucasus ? On the right his comrade is a member of the Pioneers as evidenced by his red kerchief with ring .

The Kids in Uniform

You're right - it's rather greenish, not gray/blue - i.e. Caucasus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2