Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf Jäger Politiker SA-NSKK Dagger honor?

Article about: Hello everyone recently such a sword fell into my hands. the seller claims that his dad was in the army of General Maczek and he brought home the sword that hung over the fireplace with them

Default Adolf Jäger Politiker SA-NSKK Dagger honor?

Hello everyone recently such a sword fell into my hands. the seller claims that his dad was in the army of General Maczek and he brought home the sword that hung over the fireplace with them. I do not know how authentic this story is, but if there is a chance I would like to show you this sword and ask what do you think about it? thanks for all opinions and comments.
    after asking Weitze, they want to buy it for 2,000 euros and my question is also what is its value if they want to offer that much? Thank you for your help
    Igor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Jäger Politiker SA-NSKK Dagger honor?
    P
    Many

I am not experienced enough to validate the dagger (not sword), but I can say I would not be paying anything near $2,000 euros IMHO. Seems silly to me. Prove me wrong, please.
    John

Although there is already a thread going on here > Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I can say that the dagger in general without the engraving is period and correct for this Suhl producer.
    Billy G brings up a great point in regards to the engraving itself which who knows when it was performed and nickel is very pliable to an engravers tool.

Greater closeup photo is needed of the engraving of Adolf Jager dedication. If its the same Jager as Serge pointed out why did this guy just receive a standard SA em?

Mr Eminem please if you may since your going to pretty much get the same answers here as well as what was said on the WAF ..please provide a better photo close up of the Adolf Jager dedication.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

For what it's worth, Angolia makes mention of a NSKK honor dagger with cross guards cast in brass with high relief oak leaf design that was heavily silver plated. The scabbard body also covered in fine grain black leather.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    For what it's worth, Angolia makes mention of a NSKK honor dagger with cross guards cast in brass with high relief oak leaf design that was heavily silver plated. The scabbard body also covered in fine grain black leather.
    Well made points. And then there is the cost/benefit analysis: More or less mass produced castings using low cost labor with a relatively small amount of cleanup by a skilled or semi-skilled worker. Or a well trained expert artisan that is going to not only cost more, it will also cost a lot more in the time needed in finishing the dagger. Something that would matter to dagger makers, but not so much to dishonest postwar individuals looking for profits (if you add them all up and see some of the duplications of named individuals it was not a rare occurrence). Best Regards, Fred