Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Carl Eickhorn Name Only Rohm SA

Article about: Hi Gents, As promised here the second one from my last purchase. This is Partial Rohm dagger with only Ernst Rohm's signature removed. The nickel crossguards have the typical Eickhorn look,

?

Default Carl Eickhorn Name Only Rohm SA

Hi Gents,

As promised here the second one from my last purchase.

This is Partial Rohm dagger with only Ernst Rohm's signature removed. The nickel crossguards have the typical Eickhorn look, with the characteristic deep, hand-done accent grooves with the lower guard on the reverse marked Ho. The tang nut does not appears to have been removed. The grip is the high ridge type with normal signs of usage SA button and nickel grip eagle are nicely placed. SA button has perfect enamel and the eagle shows almost all of its details. Scabbard shell is straight with light anodizing and all of its finish. Mount screws are original and unturned, ball is having a minor ding at the bottom. The blade makes me happy, the obverse blade is as nice as the rest of the dagger. It remains bright throughout, almost all visible crossgraining and a good, deep, crisp SA motto etch with nice darking. The reverse of the blade is also bright, having the Röhm inscription which is crisp and exactly matching the backgrounds of the SA motto. Röhm's signature has been ground out with an attempt to repolishing. The trademark is the small double oval and the blade shoulders nicely and fit the crossguard contour. The only minus on this dagger is that pervious owner cleaned the crossguards and scabbard mounts , there is a nice original patina left on the top of the top guard, the rest is gone. Maybe they thought that it was worth more when they cleaned it. But it is what it is and I am happy with this autentic piece of history.

Regards,

Ron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Eickhorn Name Only Rohm SA   Carl Eickhorn Name Only Rohm SA  

Carl Eickhorn Name Only Rohm SA   Carl Eickhorn Name Only Rohm SA  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Eickhorn Name Only Rohm SA
    P
    Many

That Patina depending upon the Nickel content will come back over time.
    Thankyou for posting a pivotal piece of early Rohm History.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Yes Larry it will come back I leave it like it is.
    And yes it's a real piece of Rohm history.

Regards,

Ron

This was a real joy to look through - thanks for sharing Ron. Hopefully we don’t have an annual lockdown, or we might all go broke

-Scotty.

?

Yeah we need to pick up our daily routine and get some dagger money in.

Ron