Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Eagle fit on a C&R Linder early SA dagger

Article about: Hello. What do you think about this eagle fit? Does is it normal ? Or a reassaembly eagle sign? I saw on Lakesidetrader site a C&R Linder with not a perfect fit too (pics 4) Thanks !

Default Eagle fit on a C&R Linder early SA dagger

Hello.
    What do you think about this eagle fit?
    Does is it normal ? Or a reassaembly eagle sign?

Thanks!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eagle fit on a C&R Linder early SA dagger   Eagle fit on a C&R Linder early SA dagger  

Attached Images Attached Images Eagle fit on a C&R Linder early SA dagger 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagle fit on a C&R Linder early SA dagger
    P
    Many

I saw on Lakesidetrader site a C&R Linder with not a perfect fit too:

Eagle fit on a C&R Linder early SA dagger

?

This is not that unusual even in early daggers. It means the routing tool that carved out the hole went 1mm or so too deep .. or the center ridge was 1mm higher than normal.

Dave

thank you Dave I didn't expect to have an answer. so don't worry? knowing that the rest of the dagger is fitting

?

Nothing to worry about on the eagle.

Dave

?

Quote by Dave H View Post
    This is not that unusual even in early daggers. It means the routing tool that carved out the hole went 1mm or so too deep .. or the center ridge was 1mm higher than normal.

Dave
    Well Dave i disagree on this one.
    Eagle insets on early Linders were super tight, i have seen quite a few and they were all top build pieces!

The example of LST and this one above have both eagles that once flew of the nest.
    neither of those would be a candidate for my collecting.
    Having owned way over 100+ of these early SA daggers i pretty well know what im talking about.

But wait till Larry chimes in....

Ger

I can agree with both Dave and Gerrit on this one...

as far as the grip eagle fit is concerned ...the wing tips fit nicely from what I can see and agree also that the task of creating that space for the grip eagle to fit into could of been performed better...yet on Gerrits point ...I have seen some really tight fitted grip eagles and some not so tight from alot of the same producers....the not so tight were rare to find...but Overtime hours on the bench can make anyone tired.

I like the dagger and grip eagle ...but agree with Gerrit ...that for myself...I would want a tighter fit grip eagle for my collection.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry and Gerrit.
    I recept this today :
    SA C&R Linder Solingen Weyer dagger

Thread closed ...please follow link History89 has posted
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill