Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Early Puma SA Dagger Authenticity and Value

Article about: Hello Members, This past week I stopped by my favorite Pawn Shop and noticed this SA Dagger while purchasing two Japanese Bayonets. I started thinking about it after I left and thought it wo

Default Early Puma SA Dagger Authenticity and Value

Hello Members,

This past week I stopped by my favorite Pawn Shop and noticed this SA Dagger while purchasing two Japanese Bayonets. I started thinking about it after I left and thought it would be nice addition to my other WW1 & WW2 German artifacts. I called the owner and he sent me a few pictures, which looked a little rough so I decided to go back for another look yesterday.

From what research materials I found it looks to be an early Puma Solingen Dagger, Gruppe stamped "No" with what I believe are all solid nickle fittings. The Handle is pretty beat up, with nicks and small chips, but no cracks. Wood has shrunk some and is a bit loose. I am just a newbe as far as Dagger's go and would appreciated members input. I have purchased several C&R Firearms and bayonets items from this shop and have built a friendship with the owner, they are asking $499.00 for it but he will sell it to me for $350. Do you feel this is a fair price.

Sorry, couldn't attach the Pic of the Mfg. Stamp, Diamond with Puma Head and Puma within the Diamond under the head. Solingen underneath Diamond.

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Puma SA Dagger Authenticity and Value   Early Puma SA Dagger Authenticity and Value  

Early Puma SA Dagger Authenticity and Value   Early Puma SA Dagger Authenticity and Value  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Puma SA Dagger Authenticity and Value
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum
    Your research is correct as it is an early Puma SA dagger which Puma SA daggers are now a little more harder to find as it used to be a very common marketplace dagger.

Yet the condition overall is not the best and it appears in the photos the grip is suffering more trauma than the rest of the dagger.
    Some of the dagger will clean up and I can not tell by the lack of clarity in the photo the issue going on with the blade.

Is it worth $500 ...by a stretch NO ! far from it !!
    The seller is playing with you knowing the dagger is worth less than that and IMO not even worth $350
    If you have your heart set on it ..offer him $200 because it is early period authentic including the correct SA Gruppe "No"

If you want a decent condition SA check out this site first if you are willing to pay for better condition > Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals

Other than that the dagger is authentic

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As Larry say, he is a man worth listening to. I cannot add more.
    If you really wanna that dagger, $200 is max price and of course if that condition dagger fit to your display.