Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Eickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark

Article about: At Larry's request, I am attaching images of an SA ground Rohm dagger in my collection made by Carl Eickhorn and stamped Oe. This came directly from a veteran's family, and the tang nut has

I added a photo to my post #7
    My apologies for the delay
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark
    P
    Many

?

Larry and everyone,

Thank you for the comments. I agree Larry as I also would want to 100% sure to avoid fakers. It could be an anomaly, who knows?

I took some more pictures, so I don't know if they will help or hinder the conversation. To me, it appears the mark was on the cross guard before the Gruppe stamp, but as stated on one reply, the mark is very shallow, so I could see that happening prior to the stamping. (first 4 pictures)

I have added the other two Oe daggers I have (both Wusthofs) to show their markings. On the far right example, it does appear the person attempted to erase the Gruppe and number, but the tops of Oe and possibly a 2 are visible.

So, does the plot thicken ?
    Eickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe MarkEickhorn SA Rohm dagger with Oe Gruppe Mark

HI John...Thankyou for hanging in there and not giving up...really shows your integrity for this dagger and Oe topic.

Its common on many early SA daggers that have some faded lettering due to the fact that the way it was applied ..which the crossguards are on a slight angle which sometimes leaves some missing parts of the lettering..not just the Oe but other SA Gruppe marks. Its common

As I said in my prior post which can be agreed upon that ( who knows when that little gouge happened )
    Yes there are some of those Austrian SA men that did try to remove both the numbering and also the Gruppe mark

A Thread to read further into the Austrian SA history and the Oe gruppe mark
    Early SA Ed Wustoff w/ Surprise

These guys were banned and dispersed into other SA gruppes after that uprising in Austria in 1934...only 4 years later in 1938...Austria was annexed. Pretty much the 1934 mess laid the groundwork for 1938.

As I said before....the Oe gruppe designation is added to the list with a contingency.
    John Thanks again for adding the extra photos

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just an extra tid bit of information

SA Rohm inscription daggers as of February 1 1934 ...3200 were supplied to SA Gruppe Oe

There were 2 other SA gruppes in the Austria area but were formed in March 12 1938 and will not have any SA gruppe markings
    SA Gruppe Alpenland ( Alpes ) - SA Gruppenfuhrer Paul Giesler
    SA Gruppe Donau ( Danube ) - SA OberGruppenfuhrer Hermann Reschny
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-26-2021 at 01:12 PM.

?

Well this is not the first Eickhorn i see with an Oe marking, a friend of mine had one some 1.5 years ago, also with HE marked guards.
    (larry i showed you some pics on whatsapp if i recall it right)
    About a year ago i saw one for sale on the internet, that one looked decent, but no inner pics of the guards.

Ger

?

Ger,

Would you happen to still have pictures of your friend's Eickhorn Oe dagger? I would definitely like to see more examples.

?

Larry,

Thank you for your help and this added information on the Austrian SA history. I have been trying to find anything I can on them. I have a book in German on the Anschluss and a number of applications from former Austrian SA guys after 34 that were reassigned and that is about it.

If you do not mind me asking, where you able to find so much information on the Austrian SA that you mentioned in the Wusthoff thread? My main area of interest in personalized daggers, especially SA, so I am trying to find sites and outlets that may help me track down some of the guys. Finding guys in the other divisions has been a lot more productive than those in the SA, so I could use any advice you have. Thanks, John

Hi John...I found a good amount of it on the Axis History forum as stated in my attached link ..those guys ROCK over there and are into digging deep into Third Reich personalities.

Ich habe auch einen SA-Dolch von Eickhorn, der ungefähr mit Oe markiert ist

Hello Allesh...We would love to see it..please post your photos and start a new thread in this forum > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-dienstdolch/

Please translate into English for the community here.

Post photos :

Front and back of the : Grip , Crossguards , Scabbard , the blade and producer logo

Regards Larry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast