Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ernst Pack Early SA Dagger with different details

Article about: Merry Christmas again Gent still messing around with my camera phone and found some other options to maximize detail clarity and color. This dagger is a common Ernst Pack but with a few diff

Default Ernst Pack Early SA Dagger with different details

Merry Christmas again Gents still messing around with my camera phone and found some other options to maximize detail clarity and color.

This dagger is a common Ernst Pack but with a few different details than what is commonly seen than the normal.
    First I want to address the depth of the Motto which is alot deeper than most Pack daggers having that Eickhorn depth. So A very rock solid etch which the application must of sat on the blade a little more than normal.

Pimples are also visible. In hand you can put your finger nail into it.

The 2nd detail is the crossguards which do not have that lantern jaw straight across look like most Pack guards but tipped upward in this case. Internally these guards are marked special for Pack being the " S " in the Horseshoe type logo.
    It goes to show that Pack also did a 2nd inhouse variant.

The Third Detail is the Gruppe mark "B" for Berlin ..which is not too rare but far from being common. Berlin SA were bastards and heinous under Karl Ernst and some of the stuff they did was terror.

Last detail and a bit of a mirrage..the grip eagle appears to be more pointed or is it just a little more applied deeper into the grip? ..so just a few photos ..I picked this dagger up a few years ago doing some Dagger research work for a dealer. The eagle is definitely a shorter wing type than some other grip eagle types.

Regards Larry

Ernst Pack Early SA Dagger with different details Ernst Pack Early SA Dagger with different details

Ernst Pack Early SA Dagger with different details Ernst Pack Early SA Dagger with different details
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ernst Pack Early SA Dagger with different details
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice crisp clear photos that expand nicely.

And nice dagger too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice one and those different details are interesting for sure.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice crisp clear photos that expand nicely.

And nice dagger too!
    I pulled back a little on the saturation effect which got rid of alot of the wall reflection ..Im quite pleased with it. Samsung Note 9
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice Pack Larry.
    As you know for sure is the difference in Logo acid colour, some are realy black and others like this one are more the silver coloured type.
    If i compare the 3 Packs i have being a SA with Gruppe B that one has the real deep black burnish, The NSKK chained Pack has the light deep etch like this one and my SS M33 Pack has the silver burnish.

The remarkable fact you mentioned are the 2nd type guards, as we normaly see the almost straight guards on these Packs.
    I will take some pics from my Packs and put them here for comparision.

Thx for sharing bro!

Ger