Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger

Article about: Hello All, I am in need of some quick help! I just received these poor quality pics from someone about two hours away Does it appear to have potential or should I save my fuel?? any help or

Default Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger

Hello All, I am in need of some quick help! I just received these poor quality pics from someone about two hours away Does it appear to have potential or should I save my fuel?? any help or comments appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger   Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger  

Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger   Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger  

Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger   Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger  

Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger
    P
    Many

Geoff,

If You can...Prior to wasting a tank of gas,, ask them to take better pictures..

But from what I am seeing they really tried to grind Rohm's name off the dagger and they kept the rest.. There are also some pretty bad chips along the blade...

I'm not too sure about the current values of a partially ground Rohm dagger would be worth but again it may have potential..

I will defer to the SA Dagger and Rohm Dagger experts..

But I will add that the Maker Gebruder Heller was one of I think 16 makers of SA daggers that had Rohm inscriptions on them..

Good luck,,

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

Thanks Smitty!
    working on getting better pics

G.

Yes the potential is there ...but I agree also with Smitty...for greater photos.

Front and back of the blade
    The grip and both crossguards.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Gentleman passed through today to check on family down south I was able to snag a few more pics and will speak to him again tomorrow or next day thoughts and opinions
    appreciated! Regards,GeoffFast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm daggerFast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm daggerFast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm daggerFast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm daggerFast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm daggerFast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger

I see no issues with it and appears in the photos it is heavily cleaned or could be alot of muck.

Your question mark over the last part of the signature can be answered here on this pinned thread. Its correct

June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for the prompt help and detailed information!!

We'll see what happens!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger 

A Great weekend! just wanted to add some better pics for the forum Thanks to all for the help!

G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger   Fast help and opinions needed on Partial SA Rohm dagger  

Very nice,

Even with the inscription ground,, it is still quite desirable..

Smitty

Love the pimples in the motto....as to be expected with this producer.