Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?

Article about: Initially dismissed this piece as a parts dagger with a fake blade but upon closer examination it makes me wonder. I realize the cross guards are mismatched. It is similar, but not exact to

Default Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?

Initially dismissed this piece as a parts dagger with a fake blade but upon closer examination it makes me wonder. I realize the cross guards are mismatched. It is similar, but not exact to this one Carl Eickhorn factory ground Rohm SA

But almost the spitting image of this example, where the blade was deemed good Partially ground Rohm SA Dolch

Thoughts?

Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?
    P
    Many

Hi AK...compare the accent grooves to Eickhorn guards ...which Eickhorns grooving are deep.
    Also compare the grip especially the upper triangle which Eickhorn is soley known for.

For an early Rohm dagger the fit is horrible.....BUT ....and I like big BUTS ....It is good that you are digging and researching.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi AK...compare the accent grooves to Eickhorn guards ...which Eickhorns grooving are deep.
    Also compare the grip especially the upper triangle which Eickhorn is soley known for.

Best Larry
    Hi Larry, thanks for your comments. Perhaps I did not articulate my question the best. I realize the dagger is at best, parts. My question is more so about the blade itself in this case.

Sorry that I misunderstood...the blade itself is authentic Gr. Rohm Eickhorn.
    Backyard grind job.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry that I misunderstood...the blade itself is authentic Gr. Rohm Eickhorn.
    Backyard grind job.

Regards Larry
    Thank you Larry. I was really thrown by the logo. That variation must be unique to ground Röhms. The dagger ended up selling for about $115.

?

AK,

For $115 it was a bargain. All the parts are real, they just did not leave the factory together. The hanger alone is worth half the price.

And - that trademark was also used on Himmler dedication SS daggers

Dave

Quote by Dave H View Post
    AK,

For $115 it was a bargain. All the parts are real, they just did not leave the factory together. The hanger alone is worth half the price.

And - that trademark was also used on Himmler dedication SS daggers

Dave
    Very interesting, thanks Dave. I do regret not going for it but lesson learned.

I did manage to pick these two up at a very reasonable cost:
    https://bid.texasauctionrealty.com/l...76/lot/4302265
    https://bid.texasauctionrealty.com/l...76/lot/4302285

There was another parts SS dagger that had an Eickhorn marked blade but was unsure of it. Here's the pics. It sold for $70.

Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?Ground Röhm Eickhorn parts dagger?

the $ 70 price tag is correct for that Rohm SS dagger. The Blade is junk ..and the logo is extremely far away from the lower guard.
    Compare with other Rohm SA and SS daggers and you will see all of them about 1/8 " from the lower guard.

Only the small double oval logos were close to the blade as the change was made so that Rohms dedication would be center stage and less of the producer and thus the logo made smaller.

Best Larry

the $ 70 price tag is correct for that Rohm SS dagger. The Blade is junk ..and the logo is extremely far away from the lower guard.
    Compare with other Rohm SA and SS daggers and you will see all of them about 1/8 " from the lower guard.

Only the small double oval logos were close to the blade as the change was made so that Rohms dedication would be center stage and less of the producer and thus the logo made smaller.

Best Larry
    Thanks Larry!