Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Haenel-Suhl early SA

Article about: Hi Gents, Here an Haenel SA dagger which is in exceptional condition, being uncleaned, never disassembled as I prefer them. The crossguards have a very fine, dull nickel finish and remain in

?

Default Haenel-Suhl early SA

Hi Gents,

Here an Haenel SA dagger which is in exceptional condition, being uncleaned, never disassembled as I prefer them.
    The crossguards have a very fine, dull nickel finish and remain in choice condition throughout. The reverse of the lower guard is Gruppe marked Mi (Mitte). The grip is a beauty, being made of gunstock walnut with beautiful wood grain. It remains in perfect condition and fits the guards like a rubber glove. The SA runes button has good enamel, showing some minor wear but without any problems. The nickel grip eagle retains full detailing throughout.
    The scabbard shell remains straight throughout, with 100% of the original anodized finish. The scabbard mounts exactly match the hilt components and remain in choice condition, to include the lower ball. The original screws are in place and unturned.
    The blade is a beautiful example in mint condition. The SA motto is crisp, with a 100% intact frosted background in the lettering. The reverse ricasso is marked with the horizontal Arrow trademark of the C. G. Haenel firm. The blade shoulders perfectly meet the lower crossguard contour.

Ron

Haenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SAHaenel-Suhl early SA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Haenel-Suhl early SA
    P
    Many

Really nice Ron - as always. Again, sublime grip and fit You really lucked out over lockdown! Were the majority of these private purchase or through reputable dealers?

- Scotty.

?

Hi Scotty,

Thanks!
    I buy them by dealers cause I can't find the quality I want at Militaria shows.

Ron

The Lowest of Low in crossguard steps..it makes me choke with delight to see an almost razor thin grip shoulders meeting the but a breath of the crossguard step. I would have to say out of the main Suhl producers..my vote goes to Haenel in this regard ..and in construction Haenel and Kober.
    I also have been blessed with this same type of Haenel. Very Nice Ron

The grip contour ridging is sharp enough to shave with !! Just Beautiful.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry!
    The grip contour and wood was the main reason to buy this piece.
    Like the trademark text too “Waffen und Fahrrad Fabrik” this kind of text you don’t see anymore.

Ron

Cor
    ?

Beautiful dagger again Ron and very hard to find Haenel. Feli's

?

Terrific SA by Haenel Ron
    One of my favourite makers.