Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Help Engraved German Dagger - SA

Article about: I would appreciate any info regarding the dagger, makers, name, production, etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's quite rusty and dirty too. If anyone could advise me on how to c

Dagger production did not begin until December 1933 ..and the first off the line were the early type with the short winged grip eagle that of the same as the 1929 SA/ SS eagle.

Full blown production and the change over to what is commonly seen now of the larger winged grip eagle was around February 1934.
    The dagger with the dated fitting was not produced in November 1933.

On period examples these early dated engravings were performed post initial production 1934.

Please explain the script in your post 27..what does it pertain to ....since Im having difficulty putting this together at the moment.
    This Max Jutner became some type of SA Mann in November 1933 ..that much I can believe.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Engraved German Dagger - SA
    P
    Many

Unfortunately, we will not see it here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Engraved German Dagger - SA  

I asked for an insight into the original picture, I am waiting for an answer ...

Quote by Warrior View Post
    I asked for an insight into the original picture, I am waiting for an answer ...
    I'm not quite sure what the point is, but if it's the image below it's not clear enough IMO to identify the necessary information that's needed. That said, there was a West Coast dealer years ago who was strongly of the opinion that the so-called "NSKK Hühnlein Honor daggers" were period, posting some photos like the ones posted here. The problem for him being that side by side comparisons showed among other things that the chainsets were in fact different. When challenged, the multiple daggers under discussion disappeared from view, and it was not until much later that some good imagery was obtained showing how the fakes were created. (I'm not making judgements here, just stating some facts.) Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Engraved German Dagger - SA   Help Engraved German Dagger - SA  

Attached Images Attached Images Help Engraved German Dagger - SA 

I have a feeling this thread may almost be finished

To know Fred ... he explains much in detail ...considering this thread and the nature of the topic ..I dont think Fred will comment again.
    Unless some unearthed fact comes from Grandpops attic or from the city of Solingen ...there may be a few more servings left in the tube before its empty. Just a heads up

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I have a feeling this thread may almost be finished

To know Fred ... he explains much in detail ...considering this thread and the nature of the topic ..I dont think Fred will comment again.
    Unless some unearthed fact comes from Grandpops attic or from the city of Solingen ...there may be a few more servings left in the tube before its empty. Just a heads up

Regards Larry
    These engraving patterns are not only used on SA & NSKK daggers, hunting & forestry daggers suffer the same illness.
    This one is up on auction as we speak, a total made up postwar Fake, made to deceive..
    Regards
    Ger
    Help Engraved German Dagger - SAHelp Engraved German Dagger - SAHelp Engraved German Dagger - SAHelp Engraved German Dagger - SA

Quote by gerrit View Post
    These engraving patterns are not only used on SA & NSKK daggers, hunting & forestry daggers suffer the same illness.
    This one is up on auction as we speak, a total made up postwar Fake, made to deceive..
    Regards
    Ger
    Help Engraved German Dagger - SAHelp Engraved German Dagger - SAHelp Engraved German Dagger - SAHelp Engraved German Dagger - SA
    Very sad but true. At some of the larger shows engravers would set up shop to showcase their talents and generate some business. It was really very interesting to see them at work, and the speed and precision that they demonstrated. If they were not already backed up in their work sometimes you could give them an item to be engraved while you walked the tables. Best Regards, Fred

In the previous news, I was concerned about the quality of the workmanship, in the pictures that you now posted with all respect for you, but the acorns look like cow tits , there is no quality, no German precision, everyone has their own opinions about it, every art sees differently, the truth is such that in today's days no one is doing very precise work and if it already does it costs a lot of time and a lot of money.I do not insist that the engraving dagger from the first post is original, because it can also be a fake one, it is not my property, I do not sell it because I do not have it, I asked the owner for pictures and the additional that he asked for Larry, is a lot of understatements because I do not speak English, I'm using a Google translator.I do not want to convince anybody either, because I have no interest in it, the interest for me is to be here with you and to share my insights, and also use your knowledge. Regards

If it's the quality of the workmanship that's important then I would agree that the average quality now does not compare to what it used to be. Time and money the controlling factors as true now as it was with engraved blades and guns hundreds of years ago. FP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4