Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How do I store my dagger and can I get this mark off?

Article about: This is really 2 questions. Is it better to have the dagger in the scabbard or out of the scabbard? What is the best way to display and store it without so that the blade doesn't corrode ove

Quote by Gatoblanconz View Post
    @Larry C what do you think of the additional photos is there anything I can do to hide that black spot.
    Of course it can never disappear bit is the something i can do to make it look less obvious? Like some tiny drops of silver paint or something?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do I store my dagger and can I get this mark off?
    P
    Many

Here is another photoHow do I store my dagger and can I get this mark off?

Hello Gato....dont do anything more with it and sacrilege ...DONT PUT ANY SILVER Paint on it.

The chopstick did enough by removing the topical cancer. I feel it will not spread further as you seemed to knock off most of it.
    Just keep your eye on it.

This cancer eats into the steel leaving minute trail marks the same as a snail would do. Leave it be.
    check out this thread on a past WKC SA dagger I had > Periodic Edged Weapon Maintenance

I posted page 2 ..but would encourage reading from the beginning as well...I wanted you to see the damage this cancer can do if left unchecked.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

So what did you end up doing about that wkc dagger sounds like a very similar thing happened to you that happened to me and also it appears that the corrosion is of a similar type.

I sold the dagger 8 years ago ...and not because of the cancer scars.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by zook View Post
    Gato …
    I like using a minimal amount of this dry lubricant ( no access amount ) because it protects without breaking down over time like oils .. I stress minimal amount , and that’s just my opinion … I tend to store in scabbard for the most part , but I have a few unsheathed under glass - Dan
    Nicely showed Dan!!
    lovely luft 2 on the back too

Dry lubricant works, just like renaissance wax
    I store with a lot of WD40 in the sheets and renew every 6 months all my daggers, the cleaning process slowly is in progress and my blades are getting better each year, its just like wine

Ger

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2