Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for pointers on buying a SA German WW2 dress dagger

Article about: Hi All! I've wanted one of these for years, but whenever I start looking I quickly get overwhelmed and give up. I know there's books written on these (I own one myself), and hours upon hours

?

Default Looking for pointers on buying a SA German WW2 dress dagger

Hi All!

I've wanted one of these for years, but whenever I start looking I quickly get overwhelmed and give up. I know there's books written on these (I own one myself), and hours upon hours of research that makes me give up whenever I start considering picking one up.

Is there a place where honest sellers post these sort of knives for sale, similar to blade forums, where I can deal with private parties individually to stay away from cutt-throat auction houses like gunbroker and ebay? Simpson and other such war relic sites always sell at a high premium as well.

I'm basically looking for a modest clean SA model dagger with sheath that is a fine representation of this model that won't break the bank.

I also want to make sure i'm safeguarded from the droves of clones and fakes out there as well.

Can somebody please give me a pointer on where I can pick one up?

Many thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for pointers on buying a SA German WW2 dress dagger
    P
    Many

I have one coming up in my June 26th sale @bamfords here in the UK. It is a nice clean early example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for pointers on buying a SA German WW2 dress dagger   Looking for pointers on buying a SA German WW2 dress dagger  

Looking for pointers on buying a SA German WW2 dress dagger   Looking for pointers on buying a SA German WW2 dress dagger  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have one coming up in my June 26th sale @bamfords here in the UK. It is a nice clean early example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Nice clean?
    I guess you mean nicely cleaned one, as its imo over polished, blade condition is bad, its retipped and has nicks, for sure not 1 for my collection.
    Other then that Ade you should mention that only an UK sale can be done safely, as if they are scanned at the customs they will be confiscated!

I know quite a couple of collecters who did have problems with UK customs trying to export a dagger.
    Lots of UK dealers mention on their website that they do not sell outside the UK or on own risk.

Regards
    Ger

Mr P64 ...since your IP is showing from California ...you can check out these 2 sites :

Medamilitaria.com
    Lakesidetrader.com

As far as pointers this SA forum is loaded with pointers...never give up on any study or your knowledge will never grow.

Pricing has jumped up over the last year and these SA daggers are not low priced anymore.

Good Hunting

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Ger, we don't do overseas shipment for that very reason!

The dagger has been cleaned, which is a shame.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!