Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Maker Aesculap question

Article about: Hello Folks A friend asked me a question - Can anyone confirm if Aesculap ever made a dagger with chromed crossguards? Thanks Mark

Hello Folks

I finally received the photos.

Apparently in the book by Thomas Wittmann (Exploring the dress dagger and swords of the SS) there is mention of this being perhaps an option or something done outside the normal circles.

Regards, Mark

Maker Aesculap question

Maker Aesculap question
    Last edited by ouroux71; 01-19-2024 at 01:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maker Aesculap question
    P
    Many

The crossguard in the above pic may be chromed, but to me it looks like the nickel has just been highly polished. There is no evidence of any chrome inside the guards. They also have a faint gold tint to them like nickel can. Also, if it had been chromed post war it would have filled the Gruppe stamp.

I agree with Skyline ..highly polished will give the same effect.
    The other observation is....chromed guards does not add too much more to the value and only by a few dollars.

Can we see the whole dagger including scabbard ...both sides of the dagger and scabbard please...if and when you purchase this dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    The crossguard in the above pic may be chromed, but to me it looks like the nickel has just been highly polished. There is no evidence of any chrome inside the guards. They also have a faint gold tint to them like nickel can. Also, if it had been chromed post war it would have filled the Gruppe stamp.
    +1
    just polished

Evening folks,

My friend purchased his dagger and sent me the photos. Maybe not as detailed, nor as close-up as I'd like but tell me what you think?

Maker Aesculap question
    Maker Aesculap question
    Maker Aesculap question
    Maker Aesculap question

Regards

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2