Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA dagger

Article about: good morning everyone. I have a kinda good offer to be true from a 2ond hand site. But I am sceptical. Is this dagger a real one or a good copy?

Default Need Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA dagger

good morning everyone. I have a kinda good offer to be true from a 2ond hand site. But I am sceptical. Is this dagger a real one or a good copy?Need Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA daggerNeed Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA daggerNeed Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA daggerNeed Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA daggerNeed Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA daggerNeed Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help to authenticate a WKC RZM SA dagger
    P
    Many

CGR
    ?

Looks good to me but pics could be better. WKC Made Late War Daggger I believe but wait for the experts as this is just my 2 cents.

It is good late war made by WKC

?

it is good.

My Observations :..Im seeing an early to mid period grip with an upper nickel crossguard and tang nut ..that has signs of being opened at some point and may explain why the lower guard doesnt fit that well to the grip. Overall..all fittings are original and IMO the blade may have been added at some point.

Compare the condition of the near immaculate scabbard to the grip that has some wear and scratch issues. How can one especially the scabbard that swings in motion have no wear to it compared to the grip.

I do find it acceptable to see late period SA daggers that were fitted together for production ...but to see opposite ends of the spectrum in condition scabbard Vs grip ...I am very skeptical.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Now when I take a look second time with no hurry like earlier, it is obvious like Larry say.

Comu ..the same rule applies with all daggers ...and must be posted separately unless you are comparing the same Producer type for a discussion.

All daggers MUST be posted in their own threads. Last and Final warning !!
    I moved your thread with the Ernst Pack Sa dagger here > Ernst Pack Early SA Dagger

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    My Observations :..Im seeing an early to mid period grip with an upper nickel crossguard and tang nut ..that has signs of being opened at some point and may explain why the lower guard doesnt fit that well to the grip. Overall..all fittings are original and IMO the blade may have been added at some point.

Compare the condition of the near immaculate scabbard to the grip that has some wear and scratch issues. How can one especially the scabbard that swings in motion have no wear to it compared to the grip.

I do find it acceptable to see late period SA daggers that were fitted together for production ...but to see opposite ends of the spectrum in condition scabbard Vs grip ...I am very skeptical.

Regards Larry
    as usual your spot on my friend!
    Just another partsdagger....

Ger