Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Newbie with first SA dagger purchase. No blade markings.

Article about: Hello , what a great forum for a newbie. Already learned the good and bad of the hobby with some pins I purchased. Anyhow that is life . This is my first dagger that i could get my hands on

Being new to this hobby I would also suggest that you spend your money on some reference books so that you will be more informed about the choices and what to stay away from. The members on this forum are some of the most knowledgeable and advanced collectors that it is my privilege to know and I will seek out their knowledge, but they may not always be available for an immediate answer, based on the time zone and location. By having a library with reference books you can at least have a working knowledge of some of the items you purchase. I have saved thousands of dollars by spending hundreds on reference books.. I have several thousand reference books on various militaria items, and each book has been invaluable through the years..

Sorry to hear that some of the items you have purchased were not good, but we have all made this mistake at least once in our collecting fields. I have been collecting for nearly 50 years and believe me, I am still learning something new everyday..

Don't hesitate to ask questions and take lots of good pictures of each item, front, back, side, top, bottom, hallmarks, etc.. The better the pictures... the better evaluations from forum members..

Don't give up or be discouraged, just learn from your mistakes.. Knowledge is power...

Smitty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newbie with first SA dagger purchase. No blade markings.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by koisokok View Post
    ......Only in a world of unicorns and fairies would I think a moderator will be glued to the computer 24/7 ..
    For a fee I will sell you the number for Larry's hotline!

Don't send me to the Principals office Larry!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Yes i fully understand that, but you might show him a few replies and honestly tell your friend(s) that your more then surprised by the outcome....

Best
    Ger
    Well, I called him and let's just say he isn't to happy about it. I told him forget it as the few hundred Euro I spent on those three things will not cover his bail. Said either way he wants to get my money back one way or another. I feel better already, not for the money , more that that idiot will know . By the way I also text him the few replies, but said he would not understand English. lol...

Quote by MAP View Post
    For a fee I will sell you the number for Larry's hotline!

Don't send me to the Principals office Larry!
    Already spend enough money on those 1-800 hotlines .! Even though half of them sound like Larry............................................. .......

Quote by koisokok View Post
    Well, I called him and let's just say he isn't to happy about it. I told him forget it as the few hundred Euro I spent on those three things will not cover his bail.
    The money you would of paid him was being used for Bail money? Where does this seller live In Mayberry North Carolina ? LOL
    just pay the Jailer $50 to be released.

Newbie with first SA dagger purchase. No blade markings.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

"will not cover his bail.".....Need a sarcastic emogi face.. ..He like's to frequent the BMW welt if that ring's a bell for you..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3