Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys

Article about: Opinions on this inscription please guys plus estimate of value if poss....many thanks

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Kevin ..thank you for going the extra mile in providing clearer photos ...as far as I'm concerned ..the dedication exhibits what I have outlined above by request.

I see no issues with the dedication and the dagger as a whole. Nice find?

Regards Larry

When he s good he s GOOD! Thanks Larry for an interesting thread and instilling a little faith back into this naysayer, brother! . A very very neat piece, congratulations Kevin. Kindest regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on SA Dagger.. please guys
    P
    Many

It is not known,nor listed in the history of the city Krefeld that a sa settlement existed.
    Only the House of the SA,which was located in Sternstrasse 2

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    It is not known,nor listed in the history of the city Krefeld that a sa settlement existed.
    Only the House of the SA,which was located in Sternstrasse 2
    This was from Wilhelm Saris ,, after researching this for me brought this information to me .....

Quote by Wilhelm Saris
    Hello Larry,

I have no idea if the etching is okay (as I do not have knowledge about
    this procedure), but there was a "Haus der SA-Standarte 40" at the
    Sternstrasse 2 at Krefeld. I cannot find anything saying "Siedlung".

Bests regards,
    wim
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Krefeld is located on the left banks of the rhein river,which is part of Nordrhein Westfalen. it can't be the right group
    mark,because Ns stand for Niedersachsen.

It should be Ndrh ( Niederrhein) or Wf ( Westfalen )

Hi Gerd......I fully trust your knowledge that you know that area geographically well. No doubt

I am also satisfied with the current photos showing an acid etch application of the Dedication. Overall the dagger with producer logo is correct for the dagger only. I can not justify why the location of Krefeld does not match the " Ns" Gau ..except that this SA man may have been transfered there after the his appointment in Niedersachen.

This hobby has seen many anomalies ,,and this may be one of them. Transfers happened . I can not attest to that ..but overall the study of the dagger and the dedication acid etch application are correct.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I stumbled over this old thread by accident.

I was reading this book I have with UK auction results from 1976.

?

In this book, there’s a section on Daggers-Imperial German and Nazi.

?

In that section, there’s this dagger:

Same etch, different maker. Interesting, isn’t it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2