Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on Uncomfortable SA

Article about: Hello All, I wanted to post a few pics of a dagger a friend wants to consign. I am a little shy for a few reasons. The first being the very sharp ridge line on the blade which appears to get

Default Opinions on Uncomfortable SA

Hello All, I wanted to post a few pics of a dagger a friend wants to consign. I am a little shy for a few reasons. The first being the very sharp ridge line on the blade which appears to get a bit off center toward the tip. The alignment of the blade motto, and also the fact that if you look carefully, you can see the outlines of the templates used for the Etches The daggers scabbards finish is the early anodized coppery finish which is a bit odd considering it is "A later RZM piece???"
    Grip and fittings look good but the blade itself strikes me as somewhat odd??Blade is marked RZM 7/43 for Paul Weyersberg & Co.any Thoughts or opinions appreciated! I may just be a bit over cautious something doesn't seem right..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Uncomfortable SA   Opinions on Uncomfortable SA  

Opinions on Uncomfortable SA   Opinions on Uncomfortable SA  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Uncomfortable SA
    P
    Many

Some inadequate masking of the blade from the acid is what we see. No Solingen maker worth his salt would allow that outside the factory gate.

When I see that masking on a blade ...its an automatic put it back down on the table and walk away moment.

I agree also with Anderson ...nothin leaves the producers doors until it has the final buffing and inspection.
    I also see that it may be possible that Paul Weyersburg was issued a RZM permit and never used it ...as from what I have researched as far back as 2012 in Fishers reference that there were " No known examples observed "

I can check further on the RZM number..for the sake of if they used their permit...but the masking on the blade...forget it

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

"No known examples"

Here is one I pulled from an auctions site in 1999

Dave

Dave I dont write what is exactly.....only whats observed ...glad you chimed in and proved me wrong ...which the truth be told.

the above example is messed with regardless
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,

I agree it was messed with as concerns the traces of masking around the motto and trademark.

Otherwise, I do not see problems in the limited photos supplied:

- Sharp spines are not that unusual in RZM daggers. Neither are slightly off-center points
    - The RZM trademark is a rare one, and it matches 100% the one I turned up.
    - The masked areas are lighter

I think it is a real, rare, dagger on which some one masked the trademark and motto for some unknown reason. A good mystery, but not a fake.

Geoff,

What does the rest of it look like ?

Dave
    Last edited by Dave H; 10-15-2021 at 03:45 PM.

I will post some more pics as soon as possible Thanks for the feedback so far

Regards, Geoff

Looks like something Jim Atwood would produce. RZM standards as well as Paul Weyersberg company standards would have rejected that blade for use in a completed dagger. It could be a partially finished blade,or a reject blade that was acquired post war and fitted to other parts in an assembly.

?

I continue to believe that this is a correct later RZM dagger. Looking forward to more photos.

Sorry for the delay here are some more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Uncomfortable SA   Opinions on Uncomfortable SA  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast