Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Partially ground Rohm SA Dolch

Article about: Hi Forum, This dagger is for sale. I would greatly value your opinions. Is this legit? A partially ground Rohm is a cool historical piece. Many thanks in advance.

?

Default Partially ground Rohm SA Dolch

Hi Forum,

This dagger is for sale. I would greatly value your opinions.

Partially ground Rohm SA DolchPartially ground Rohm SA DolchPartially ground Rohm SA DolchPartially ground Rohm SA DolchPartially ground Rohm SA DolchPartially ground Rohm SA Dolch

Is this legit? A partially ground Rohm is a cool historical piece.

Many thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Partially ground Rohm SA Dolch
    P
    Many

Ask the seller why there is one photo that shows no grip eagle and only a runes button.
    The guards are not early Eickhorn type and I would be curious of the foundry markings inside.

Be careful and dont buy it until you find out why there are 2 different grip photos.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry. I will dive into it further. The "In Freundliche Kameradschaft" has been crudely grounded. How would this reflect the value? Would the value be far of from a completely ground Rohm?

The seller digitally removed the eagle so it doesnt offend the online sales provider btw. Makes sense.

Doesnt make sense as the other grip photo shows the grip eagle ...and if someone is going to start using a photoshop Cloning option in the name of offending someone..it would be better to have them use a color to mask over it. No One gets offended here !!

This website studies many military time periods because of these artifacts..

Post that same photo that that guy erased " With " the grip eagle and runes button included in the same photo..as far as Im concerned ..these are 2 separate grips because the seller chose to alter the photo.

Help us here first so that we can help you..without detailed unmessed with photos....the help stops here.
    Sorry .
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The blade itself appears to be ok..but would also want to see closeups of whats left of the inscription.
    The grind is a partial Rohm name only totally removed and a lazy man grind on the dedication.

There is value on these Rohm blades that the more dedication that is left the greater the value.
    Get better pics please of the grip and I still would like to see inside the guards if possible.
    The grip and guards just dont fit that well together.

?

The seller does not want to take the dagger apart and is ignoring my plea for better pictures. Asking 1250 for it, The least thing you can do for a serious amount of money is make good pictures... I have decided to decline the offer. Thank you Larry for you insight. I appreciate it.

Anyone unwilling to cooperate by taking more photos is hiding something..

It was best that you declined the offer..

Best regards

Smitty

The Best part is now this dagger and the sellers refusal to support better photos is now globally noted in search engines if the next person sees that dagger and has the same questions.
    I thankyou Vocht for you posting and adding to the forums data base

Regards Larry

Agree
    Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Anyone unwilling to cooperate by taking more photos is hiding something..

It was best that you declined the offer..

Best regards

Smitty

There is I think no doubt that the seller was hiding something. A force fitted reconstructed parts piece? The red "1" showing what may have been a big chunk of the grip that was broken off and glued back on? The red "2" showing where force fitting caused an overlap of the wood over the edge of the top cross guard - plus. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Partially ground Rohm SA Dolch