Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Question about an SA dagger

Article about: I am looking at a rather inexpensive SA dagger. If I read things correctly, having a makers mark on the blade but no RZM mark, and not having the Gruppe mark on the crossguard, would be a hu

Default Question about an SA dagger

I am looking at a rather inexpensive SA dagger. If I read things correctly, having a makers mark on the blade but no RZM mark, and not having the Gruppe mark on the crossguard, would be a huge red flag?

If I get it, I'll post it for review. At the price I think it may be a parts dagger at best, a fake at worst.
    It is, of course, guaranteed to be an original, vet bringback. I am mindful of your advice - buy the item not the story - and I thank you.
    Regards,
    Roger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about an SA dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question about an SA dagger

No Roger, if it only has a maker mark on the blade it whats called an early SA, if it has a RZM mark on the blade it's a late SA, if it has a RZM mark and a maker mark its called a transitional SA hope this helps you, and good luck in buying it
    best regards Ronnie

PS if you can get any pics at all, post them here and we can give you some better info on it.
    cheers

A maker name/logo only will be an early type dagger. It is possible it did not
    have a Gruppe marking or it may have, as you said, replaced parts.

Is it being sold cheaper because of condition issues, or questionable originality ?
    It will be interesting to see it if you make the purchase............
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, y'all. I've decided to go ahead and get it. If worse comes to worse it will be a lesson learned. Here are the only pictures I have available at this time, when I get it I will take some closeups, unless it looks totally hopeless. The scabbard appears to have been repainted, it just looks too new to be original. The blade is in pretty poor shape, but then if it was mint it would be much more expensive

Question about an SA daggerQuestion about an SA daggerQuestion about an SA dagger

With bated breath,

If that is the orig paint that would make it a NSKK dagger i cant tell from the pic if it has been repainted or not. ERIC

scabbard looks to be repainted,,,what was the tariff on it?...

?

Its pretty nice if the price was right.!

The price on this one was $425.00USD.

?

Not to bad,as its an early dagger as long as your happy with it. As i like it.