Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.

Article about: Hi all, Hope your well. Purchased my first SA dagger today. It’s due to be delivered tomorrow. I have 7 days to return it if I’m not happy with it. Is it okay? I’m not sure if the scab

Default Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.

Hi all,

Hope your well.

Purchased my first SA dagger today. It’s due to be delivered tomorrow. I have 7 days to return it if I’m not happy with it. Is it okay? I’m not sure if the scabbard is original to the piece? As I say it’s my first SA.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.   Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.  

Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.   Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.
    P
    Many

I like it. Fitting is perfect and gruppe mark "No" Nordsee is correct for this maker.
    But about scabbard is hard to say, so far I like it too. When you get this dagger, you can make some better photos.
    -TJ-

Thanks TJ. I’ll add some more photos tomorrow when I receive it. I’ve watched the Thomas Wittmann seminars on SA daggers. Still trying to fully understand the difference between the anodised scabbards and painted ones. Which is why I wanted to make sure it’s all correct.

Thanks again Liam

Painted scabbards for SAs began around 1936 and onward.

The scabbard appears to be anodized ...but greater photos as what Finn requested would be a great help.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I have received it. Was excited when the postman came early this morning.

I’m very happy with it.

I can tell the difference between the painted and anodised scabbards now that I have it in my hands. It’s difficult to tell in photographs but in person it’s more obvious.

It’s made me want to start saving for an SS dagger now.

The gentleman I bought it from stated that he “purchased direct from the son of a WW2 Welsh Guardsman (armoured) who brought it back home as a souvenir.” It’s clearly been looked after over the years.

I’ve tried to listen to your advice in previous threads and buy the best condition I can find. I also appreciate you taking the time to give me some advice. As I have stated previously, this forum is fantastic.

Here’s a few more photographs.

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.   Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.  

Remeve SA Dagger. Opinions please.  

Scabbard is correct for this dagger. You did well with your firs SA dagger, congratulation
    -TJ-

Thank you. I’m really happy with it. Especially now I know it’s all correct.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards

Liam

You done well Liam...its everything that its supposed tto be in an Ealy SA.
    The scabbard fit to the lower guard is nice and tight and the anodizing ( also called a Bluing process the same process used in finishing guns ) is perfect having that deep brown color.
    Photos could easily fool anyone into thinking paint..but in hand is the best judge.

Enjoy it ...and yes a great counterpart is an SS dagger next.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

you got a nice one.

Thanks Larry. I’m sure I’ll be picking your brain in the not so distant future. You seem to be always on here sharing your wisdom. Really appreciate all of the help. Until next time. Thanks again Finn & Toot. Take care all.

Regards

Liam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast