Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SA blade "August Bickel" with engraving

Article about: I did show this blade on a german forum, but get no comments. Lets try here. Maybe it could be legit, maker mark looks good to me, and the "sign of blacksmith" from Bickel looks or

?

Default SA blade "August Bickel" with engraving

I did show this blade on a german forum, but get no comments.

Lets try here. Maybe it could be legit, maker mark looks good to me, and the "sign of blacksmith" from Bickel looks original too.

What are your opinions???

Thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA blade  "August Bickel"  with engraving   SA blade  "August Bickel"  with engraving  

SA blade  "August Bickel"  with engraving   SA blade  "August Bickel"  with engraving  

SA blade  "August Bickel"  with engraving   SA blade  "August Bickel"  with engraving  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA blade  "August Bickel"  with engraving
    P
    Many

Hello IR ...you will get an answer here from many of us.

The blade and Tang marking is correct for August Bickel.
    There is alot of age grey and some corrosion overall on the blade which makes its difficult to authenticate the dedication etching....but..
    our Resident Sutterlin Scribe ....WRF Member Willmore could at least translate the script on the blade ....and help connect and authenticate the dedication.

Hang tight for more comments

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello Larry,

thank you very much for your kind help

Very stupid from me, i'm able to read Sütterlin:
    "Sei hart und blank wie dieser Stahl, Mai 1937, ??? (his name), Sturmbannführer" , it is correct, no obvious mistakes.
    My translation: "Be tough and shiny like this steel"

Kind regards from Bavaria