Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Sa dagger

Article about: Good morning I had a request to post daggers. I thought I would start with this one and see if you guys could give me info and possible research info or ideas. I believe it is a named and nu

?

Default Sa dagger

Good morning I had a request to post daggers. I thought I would start with this one and see if you guys could give me info and possible research info or ideas. I believe it is a named and numbered ground Rohm sa but I can't make out maker. It came from a very advanced collection. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sa daggerSa dagger

Sa daggerSa dagger

Sa dagger
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-13-2022 at 11:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Tim...it was I who requested and happy you did. Looking forward to more daggers being posted when you have time.

You are correct this is a Ground Rohm and the producer is Ernst Pack.
    Everything looks great including the etch on the lower crossguard.
    A member of this forum who studies SA names and standartes could help you further.

The blade has been scrubbed down post the grinding ...it may be that the owner did not want to have anything remain of the dedication.
    The crossguards are not typical Ernst Pack but a not so commonly seen variant ..that internally the foundry markings will be a the "S" within a Horseshoe logo.

Very nice example Tim ...and could be a good research project for this named SA mann.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you. I'm so fortunate to have known the collector since I was a child. He had an amazing collection. I have multiple items that I can research.

Might be fun if you request an item and then I see if I have it as im a novice learning. Might increase my knowledge. Any ways thanks.

Hi Tim..glad to help out and give you some good news ....what ever other items you have....there are forums and subforums within this website that can accomodate what ever else you have.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very beautiful Dagger!

It is all there what you wanna see from Pack dagger.

That number and name is neat add for ground Röhm dagger
    -TJ-

?

Thanks.

The Th mark is for troops in the Thuringen district. With the name & number good chance to understand who the owner was. Wonderful SA Dolch!

?

Thanks. That would be great

Tim

Hi Tim..a great thankyou ..I reposted your photos in your first post. Thanks again greatly for your help