Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?

Article about: 1. I posted some SS Daggers on another page. This SA dagger is not in the best shape. It is an M7/13 Schuttelhofer with what appears to be a Westfalen mark on it. It is pretty rough with a c

Default SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?

1. I posted some SS Daggers on another page. This SA dagger is not in the best shape. It is an M7/13 Schuttelhofer with what appears to be a Westfalen mark on it. It is pretty rough with a cracked handle and worn scabbard. I’ve not looked at the interior and/or additional marks. Period and originality is unknown. I have zero idea of value. Always a bit cautious when doing business in some former Soviet Republics. I’d be interested in your assessment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?   SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?  

SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?   SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?  

SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?   SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger in FSU Republic Original?
    P
    Many

?

As with the SS daggers you posted I do not like the "feel" of any of them. Blade nor wooden grip. Wait for other opions.

The blade is later production period added to an early fitting dagger. This one also has been parted together.

I do like the early hanger and is original ..but was recently added to the dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As Larry say and that blade had retipped, and it is not so nice work. Better to save your money and wait better example.

Same opinion as a "parts piece", the grip looks like one that could possibly have become cracked during a chemical cleaning treatment. Not a certainty as a much more thorough examination would be needed - not that it would change the fact that it's at best a lower quality "parts piece". Best Regards, Fred