Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger help

Article about: Hi everyone, can I please ask your opinion about this dagger. Is it original? For my research: Is it right scabbard? Thank you.

Default SA Dagger help

Hi everyone, can I please ask your opinion about this dagger.
    Is it original?SA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger help
    For my research: Is it right scabbard?

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger help
    P
    Many

Looks like the scabbard is from a latter period NSKK with non nickel fittings.

Nice looking orginal dagger with later period NSKK scabbard. When and how this scabbard come along with that dagger do not know, perhaps orginal owner joined to the NSKK later time and didn't have money or interest to buy full new dagger, those was hard times and money was short so just purchase NSKK scabbard. Or that scabbard had added at post-war.

But anyhow, nice looking dagger with not so common marker.
    -TJ-

I decided to return this one and buy one from "Wittmann Antique Militaria"
    What do you think?
    Thank you all.

Description:

This later produced SA dagger has not been cleaned but it is easy to see that the crossguards and tang nut will come up very nicely should someone wish to do this. There is no lifting to the plated surfaces anywhere and tang nut is still crisp never having been apart.
    The scabbard is also a very fine example being straight throughout and having excellent chocolate brown paint which is 100 percent. There are a few attic crazing marks in the paint but otherwise it is in perfect condition. The scabbard mounts are the nickel plated type. The plating is still in very fine condition and will clean up to be perfect. The throat is the thicker type we see on RZM daggers of this vintage, The original dome head screws are all in place.
    The blade is a very fine example still being factory bright and having all of its crossgrain. The motto is crisp with 100 percent of the blackening in the letter backgrounds. The reverse ricasso is marked with the single RZM circle resting over the Eickhorn code as well as the date of production "M 7/66 / 1940". The blade shoulders perfectly meet the lower crossguard contour.

SA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpSA Dagger helpHello,

I decent untouched late period example

Pavel any future postings of other daggers must be posted in their own separate threads.
    Last edited by Larry C; 02-21-2021 at 02:09 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Agree with Larry, that Eickhorn example is nice looking
    -TJ-