Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Dagger I Purchased

Article about: Morning All! Same story as the SS dagger I posted in the relevant forum last week; This is the first SA dagger I have purchased, also from the same dealer as I got the SS dagger from. Being

$1100 is a bit much for the condition it is in and would rather use that amount to purchase an early produced SA dagger...which holds their value more and does not depreciate.

If I was to see this exact dagger at a show and I collected Late production SA types...I would offer half of what it is worth ..knowing the market value on these are less.
    The decision is yours to make and the option to negotiate or walk away is there as well.

For myself at that price ..I would put it back down on the table. Just my thoughts

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger I Purchased
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    $1100 is a bit much for the condition it is in and would rather use that amount to purchase an early produced SA dagger...which holds their value more and does not depreciate.

If I was to see this exact dagger at a show and I collected Late production SA types...I would offer half of what it is worth ..knowing the market value on these are less.
    The decision is yours to make and the option to negotiate or walk away is there as well.

For myself at that price ..I would put it back down on the table. Just my thoughts

Regards Larry
    Heh.....little late to walk away from it now. :P

Knowing what I know now, for future purchases, I would likely seek opinions of forum members prior to purchase....but part of it is also availability of items for sale, given these types of things don't really show up anywhere in my area (that I know of) with any frequency and I'm always leery of buying anything I can't hold/see myself from the Internet....though I know from posts I saw here there are reputable sites out there with the knowledge that my 1-2 year past self lacked to be able to estimate condition/value

It may be my eyes but it looks like there are one or two 'flattened' spots on the scabbard as well.

?

Fred,

I'd like to see that in-hand or much better photos.

Also curious to see the inside of the guards.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2