Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dagger...original or touched up?

Article about: Hello, I am looking to add some Third Reich daggers to my German WW2 collection and have been looking around for a few months at some places to make a purchase. I found a super cosmetically

Default SA Dagger...original or touched up?

Hello, I am looking to add some Third Reich daggers to my German WW2 collection and have been looking around for a few months at some places to make a purchase. I found a super cosmetically pleasing SA dagger on Oakleaf Militaria but I am ignorant on how to look for originality(I am much better at determining this for firearms). Is there anything that stands out to you here(view pics). Asking price is $750 which seems pretty low so I am a little suspect. The description is as follows:

"SA ( Sturmabteilung ) dagger , double marked RZM M7/66, Carl Eickhorn with hanger and belt loop. This dagger features silver plated upper and lower crossguards and scabbard fittings. The grip eagle is the aluminum style and retains its bright silver finish . The SA grip button displays light age darkening. The medium brown wood grip is free of chips and cracks and fits the crossguards perfectly. The full length blade shows light cross-graining with a nicely burnished "Alles für Deutschland" SA motto. The reverse is etched with the Carl Eickhorn squirrel and RZM mark and M7/66 Eickhorn maker's code. The brown painted scabbard retains near 100% of its finish. The silver upper and lower silver plated mounts are in near mint condition. The brown leather hanger is marked on the clip RZM M5/71, oLc ( Overhof & Cie, Ludenscheid). Excellent, plus, plus - $750"

TIA!

TheDanishMan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dagger...original or touched up?   SA Dagger...original or touched up?  

SA Dagger...original or touched up?   SA Dagger...original or touched up?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dagger...original or touched up?
    P
    Many

I am not seeing any issues with the dagger but not sure on the hanger.
    John

?

I agree with Rescue. Dagger is OK and in pretty good shape. Hanger less so. The black belt loop marked with an L2 stamping is probably NSKK.