Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch by Ferdinand Neuhaus, marked for SA Gruppe Westmark

Article about: Hi all, been on the hunt for a solid SA Dagger & stumbled across what I believe is a good one. I have compared this to a couple other F. Neuhaus examples and to my eyes, I don't see any

Default SA Dienstdolch by Ferdinand Neuhaus, marked for SA Gruppe Westmark

Hi all, been on the hunt for a solid SA Dagger & stumbled across what I believe is a good one. I have compared this to a couple other F. Neuhaus examples and to my eyes, I don't see any red flags w/ the example below but would like some feedback from more experienced members if I could.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch by Ferdinand Neuhaus, marked for SA Gruppe Westmark
    P
    Many

Blade look good and grip too, but what I do not like about this dagger is that big gap between plade and lower crossguard. Also upper crossguard has not so good fitting in my mind, maybe it is parts dagger?

I would wait find another one. Fred Neuhaus dagger is also in my shopping list, havent find decent looking yet.

One to compare to with a History of " K " type crossguards

Ferdinand Neuhaus Early SA Dagger

Im a little at odds with just the grip and feel the wood grip type may be a little later from early to mid period.
    Ferdinand Neuhaus is one of those key Suhl producers for the SA type collector.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for taking a look guys! I will pass on this one due to the liabilities you have pointed out. I guess the hunt for a SA dagger continues!

Interesting. I personally don't see any problems with the slight gap in one area of the guard considering the tight fit of the rest of the handle. I suppose anything is possible. Our friends at Lakeside Trader didn't have any problems with this exact dagger.

Early SA Dagger by Neuhaus | Lakesidetrader

William Kramer