Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Feldherrnhalle Dolch

Article about: Hello, I would appreciate your expertise. The attached photos probably show an original SA Feldherrnhalle dagger. Is there any way to tell from the photos...real or fake? Many thanks in adva

?

Default SA Feldherrnhalle Dolch

Hello,

I would appreciate your expertise.
    The attached photos probably show an original SA Feldherrnhalle dagger.
    Is there any way to tell from the photos...real or fake?

Many thanks in advance.
    tobi

SA Feldherrnhalle Dolch

SA Feldherrnhalle Dolch

SA Feldherrnhalle Dolch

SA Feldherrnhalle Dolch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Feldherrnhalle Dolch
    P
    Many

I'm not an Expert on Daggers at all, but IMO Dagger itself looks good. But the inscription doesn't look good! The font does not correspond to the usual Gothic font used in the TR. In addition, the dealer “Spree Militaria” is generally not to be trusted. He has been selling very obvious fakes for years. I wouldn't spend a single cent there, for anything!

To me it looks to be a parts dagger. Wachstandarte W Gruppe mark is not know to Konejung and the fittings between grip and crossguards are not good.

Inscription is added post war
    -TJ-

What a shame ....it is not often that any Herm Konejungs come along ...and this one was surely ruined ..mainly by a bogus dedication

You can see where the dedication is perfect over the blade runner marks and very uncorrupted.
    What a waste

The "W" gruppe mark sometimes blows in with the wind and we see these occasionally on some dagger crossguards.
    The SA Gruppe mark list in some cases is still growing with new finds ...and I can not say if the "W" belongs or not.

Yet the dedication shoots this dagger down. The application itself does not appear to be acid etched and has more of a pasted applied look to it.

Leave the dagger where it sits.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's nice that my assessment was largely confirmed. As I said before, I would stay away from this dealer at all. He's a total scumbag shyster.

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    I'm not an Expert on Daggers at all, but IMO Dagger itself looks good. But the inscription doesn't look good! The font does not correspond to the usual Gothic font used in the TR. In addition, the dealer “Spree Militaria” is generally not to be trusted. He has been selling very obvious fakes for years. I wouldn't spend a single cent there, for anything!
    +1

well known for its fakes, that guy is a real dirtbag.

Ger

?

You'd think that for a top level dagger, the dealer could find an early clip for the short hanger.