Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA marked RZM M7/13

Article about: Struggling to find any other markings. I am going to try renaissance wax on this assuming is genuine....after looking at others on this forum I think its genuine but unsure if it is a Franke

?

Default SA marked RZM M7/13

Struggling to find any other markings. I am going to try renaissance wax on this assuming is genuine....after looking at others on this forum I think its genuine but unsure if it is a Frankenstein or late 40s make. I would appreciate any opinions on this as I dont usually get anything Nazi.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA marked RZM   M7/13   SA marked RZM   M7/13  

SA marked RZM   M7/13   SA marked RZM   M7/13  

SA marked RZM   M7/13   SA marked RZM   M7/13  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA marked RZM   M7/13
    P
    Many

The grip is the only detail i can see through the much that is early production period..the rest of it is Late production and the producer is Arthur Schuttlehoffer.

There is a pinned thread at the top of this sub forum with all the RZM producers by number.
    I can not see anything else that would be mismatched with the photos you provided.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry for your expert eye I was finding the other threads confusing and complicated! I've got the maker as "M7 /13 Arthur Schuttelhofer & Co., Solingen-Wald". I paid £320, its not in great condition I know but I hope to do what I can without ruining it.

Scabbard is early production as well ...now that I see it on a larger screen.
    Mixed periods ...but authentic fittings

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry the entire dagger is an early production.
    For some reason the logo has been removed, and some idiot took a dremel and made that M7/13 logo on it, its not etched imo, i see the dremel dots pretty well.

Ger

?

Remove the early production logo to dremel in an RZM ? … wow… a first me me . Goodness

Ger..I cant see that happening and I agree to disagree on this one .
    This dagger with an RZM number ,, early logo ..or no logos at all has a severe value depreciation and cant see why anyone would do that.

the other thing..this Schuttlehoffer RZM number is correct and is not a hack which the diameters of the circles are perfect ..I have seen these up close as well as you have.

There is no evidence this logo has been removed and the blade shows what is commonly seen in degraded condition due to climate and storage.

I agree the rest of the dagger is early with an inserted late blade ...but to place a late production lack lustre RZM number IMO further devalues the dagger.

There is some breath of life left in this dagger in its current condition ...but very little breath.
    Its not worth haggling over in its present condition and the lack of power the SA had during the late period.

Have a beer my brother..stay away from the moonshine and focus on a HEINEY/ken

Best Larry

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Ger..I cant see that happening and I agree to disagree on this one .
    This dagger with an RZM number ,, early logo ..or no logos at all has a severe value depreciation and cant see why anyone would do that.

the other thing..this Schuttlehoffer RZM number is correct and is not a hack which the diameters of the circles are perfect ..I have seen these up close as well as you have.

There is no evidence this logo has been removed and the blade shows what is commonly seen in degraded condition due to climate and storage.

I agree the rest of the dagger is early with an inserted late blade ...but to place a late production lack lustre RZM number IMO further devalues the dagger.

There is some breath of life left in this dagger in its current condition ...but very little breath.
    Its not worth haggling over in its present condition and the lack of power the SA had during the late period.

Have a beer my brother..stay away from the moonshine and focus on a HEINEY/ken

Best Larry
    Hahahhahahahahaah LOL
    Well i stay of the moonshine bro, no worries there
    Oh man seeing those huge dots in that Logo well that just looks terrible.
    I have never seen an etch like that!
    I have had only 1 ever in my collection, as the RZM aint my thing but that logo for sure was way better then this terrible one.

Larry lets enlighten my thoughts:
    Look at the logo towards the guard, huge grinding marks are visible, there very well could be a ground down logo.
    Then you see the Logo has blackening, while the Motto has a grey etch backing, does not make any sense to me.
    Other then that, the blade is missing the typical high ridge, just compare it with the picture below.

Other then that the grinding marks are underneath the RZM Logo, look at the red areas.
    So ask your self what happened there?

Best
    Ger
    SA marked RZM   M7/13
    SA marked RZM   M7/13

?

gerrit,

Along with Larry, I beg to differ.

Below is a close up of M7/13 with the same characteristics as the one at the start of this topic. Notice the dot like appearance.

I have seen the dot like look on several daggers. Probably caused by acid type / strength / temperature plus the steel formula. Usually it is hidden by the darkening agent.

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA marked RZM   M7/13  

?

Hi Dave, i agree with you and Larry that this maker badly etched their blades, i have googled a bit and saw very well etched ones, but also terrible dotted ones like this one.

What i can not explain is why the huge grinding marks are underneath the etch, as they should be through the etch.

In all we agree that this dagger is a parts one and not collectible!
    What ever happened to this blade will stay a mistery to me.

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast