Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA/SS Crossguards.

Article about: Hello Guys, Just picked up a handful of these. What do you think? Anybody know who this maker is?

?

Default SA/SS Crossguards.

Hello Guys,

Just picked up a handful of these. What do you think? Anybody know who this maker is?

SA/SS Crossguards.SA/SS Crossguards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA/SS Crossguards.
    P
    Many

I believe it is SA crossguard, looks to be heavily cleaned.
    I do not know who is this producer, I think Larry might know.
    -TJ-

?

Thanks Finngaill, Got about 6 sets for a good price. Definitely been worked over. But nice parts for the money. Not really grind marks and easily polished out. No district marks on them and the buffing is not deep enough to have rubbed out Markings. Appear un-issued. Just curious about the "H" stamp. I remember seeing it before, but I don't think it is real common.

SAmann

A commonly used crossguard by about 40 SA producers ...too many to list at this time prior to them being SA district stamped. Early production type.

......and also observed on 3 SS Producers since these guards are a generic type.
    Gottlieb Hammesfahr
    Heinrich Boker
    Robert Klaas

I will moved this thread to the SA dagger section.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Exclamation

Larry,

Look again at those guards. To me they look a bit long and a bit too narrow and the angles look incorrect. Here are a couple of PA for reference

Dave

Separate and apart of Identifying only the "H" foundry marking according to those producers who used them.

We can ask SAMann to measure at its widest width on the crossguard in millimeters and see if it comes close to the PA guards.
    All guards do vary slightly in width and also internal width.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Dave, They are measured out at;

Lower: 16.6mm

Upper: 12.7

What do you get on the PA crossguards?

SAmann

?

Slight delay. Daggers in bank lock box