MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SA transitional Dienstdolch help please

Article about: I bought this at the last gun show as a walk in item and trying to learn a bit more. A transitional piece, meaning both maker marked and RZM marked. Not sure if that is the correct term to u

Default SA transitional Dienstdolch help please

I bought this at the last gun show as a walk in item and trying to learn a bit more. A transitional piece, meaning both maker marked and RZM marked. Not sure if that is the correct term to use. Anondized scabbard instead of painted scabbard, not sure if these came together or were put together. Paid $300 US so I am not overly concerned about investment . Blade has been polished by bubba but still has cross grain, just no real patina. Plated fittings have some issues. Any information is appreciated.
    John

SA transitional Dienstdolch help pleaseSA transitional Dienstdolch help pleaseSA transitional Dienstdolch help pleaseSA transitional Dienstdolch help pleaseSA transitional Dienstdolch help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA transitional Dienstdolch help please
    P
    Many

What is your question?

Is this scabbard correct for this dagger is the main question. If correct, I may keep or otherwise I will move it down the road.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Is this scabbard correct for this dagger is the main question. If correct, I may keep or otherwise I will move it down the road.
    John
    The answer is No ....it should be a painted scabbard especially since it is mid period production...and I would expect more quality from a Holler transitional than a later period SA RZM that was shoved out the production door.

Parts dagger John ....take notice to the lower grip to lower guard....look and se how the guard is chewed up near the grip...which the grip shows no similarity which those chew marks should also be seen on the lower grip.

I cant see by the photos...but I assume the scabbard fittings are plated or just over polished? If the scabbard fittings are plated then they were added as well.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-27-2024 at 12:44 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello Rescue. I have a Höller transitional bought years ago for comparison.

Fittings made of potmetal, maybe aluminum. Dagger feels light weight compared to early SAs. I think mine has quite a lot of nicotine patina on it. Under bottom fitting where scabbard has covered, its still like bling plated.

The photos you made is very unclear, but if it is a M33 scabbard with nickel fittings, its not correct with dagger. BUT anyway almost worth the 300 you payed for the lot, in that condition still with some original paint and anodizing on it.

Best

SA transitional Dienstdolch help pleaseSA transitional Dienstdolch help pleaseSA transitional Dienstdolch help please
    Last edited by dobson; 03-27-2024 at 06:46 PM.