Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Somewhat of a rare SA dagger maker?...Thomas Wielputz

Article about: Hello, Another SA dagger for sale locally. This one appears in decent shape with exception to the blade. It looks like somebody decided to run one side of the blade across a sharpening stone

Default Somewhat of a rare SA dagger maker?...Thomas Wielputz

Hello,

Another SA dagger for sale locally. This one appears in decent shape with exception to the blade. It looks like somebody decided to run one side of the blade across a sharpening stone.

From what I’ve read... this one appears to be an early SA dagger and somewhat of a rare maker?

Sorry, no other photos available.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somewhat of a rare SA dagger maker?...Thomas Wielputz   Somewhat of a rare SA dagger maker?...Thomas Wielputz  

Somewhat of a rare SA dagger maker?...Thomas Wielputz   Somewhat of a rare SA dagger maker?...Thomas Wielputz  

Somewhat of a rare SA dagger maker?...Thomas Wielputz  
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-05-2022 at 03:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Somewhat of a rare SA dagger maker?...Thomas Wielputz
    P
    Many

Hello

Yes it is a rare producer on a scale of 1 to 10 its a 9
    The scabbard to the lower guard does not sit to flush and being a cottage producer ...should be a tight fit...which brings me to my next observation ...the lower guards has a Gruppe mark "P" for Pomerania ...which only " Nm" is known for this producer and may explain the poor fit to the guard and the gap seen on the lower part of the grip to the guard.

I know these are your only photos so this is the best summation I can give at this time.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, thank you for your assessment.

I now see what you’re talking about with the fit issue. So, the guard would be wrong for this dagger? Sellers asking price on this one is $700.00...

If it was me who wanted to purchase this...I would leave it where it is.

I can understand over the last 8 decades there will be some shrinkage but with cottage producers such as this ..I would expect a tighter fit.
    The grip itself may as well not belong.

This day and age,.. consistency is the safe bet ...as the days go by...so are these daggers being raped and put together.
    Who is to say..it may have been an end of war put together..but after studying and collecting these types over the years the Germans were very precise and critical of their produced items.

Forget the price tag ..hang on to your $700 and another 100 will get you a tight example.

I would be curious of the internal guard markings.
    The fittings are all Third Reich early period ...but IMO not belonging to each other.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry... still looking for a decent dagger. For me, it’s the thrill of the chase!! So, this could go on for years and I would be just as content. As soon as one quest ends another begin! It’s a sickness as we all know....

Thanks again,
    D