Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1936 type II chained dagger recent acquisition and question

Article about: I'll start with the question as the question is to provide thought provocation more than anything else. With the designated type I chained SS dagger having plated components and type II Nick

Default 1936 type II chained dagger recent acquisition and question

I'll start with the question as the question is to provide thought provocation more than anything else.

With the designated type I chained SS dagger having plated components and type II Nickle silver, was not the Nickle silver pieces earlier production than the type I plated daggers?

The reason I ask is that as commodities became scarcer, would not the non magnetic pieces be earlier production thus actually having the type I and type II designation backwards?

I know Wittman coined these terms but to me it seems to be backwards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 type II chained dagger recent acquisition and question   1936 type II chained dagger recent acquisition and question  

1936 type II chained dagger recent acquisition and question   1936 type II chained dagger recent acquisition and question  

1936 type II chained dagger recent acquisition and question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 type II chained dagger recent acquisition and question
    P
    Many

Hi Rich

Give a read through this pinned thread first > Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types

and if doesnt answer your questions....then we can further discuss it in this thread.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill