Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bertram Reihn Blade with Motto - Need Help

Article about: There is only the blade from this manufacturer, currently on sale, is it worth getting interested? Should I run away from it?

Quote by Dave H View Post
    Does the thin scratchy crossgrain seen in the second photo bother anyone ?

Dave
    Hmmmm...its got that RZM grain look to it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bertram Reihn Blade with Motto - Need Help
    P
    Many

I don't know anyone who collects loose blades like member Warrior does. But if I did I would always wonder... why is the blade being sold separately? If the blade is in such great condition, why was it removed from the rest of the dagger? Doesn't make sense to me... unless it's a fake blade.

?

Here was a beauty posted here in 2013. SS Bertram Reinh

I don’t much like the cross grain on this blade. It is a lot of money to shell out for the blade alone. Just an opinion. Good luck in your decision Warrior.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    I don't know anyone who collects loose blades like member Warrior does. But if I did I would always wonder... why is the blade being sold separately? If the blade is in such great condition, why was it removed from the rest of the dagger? Doesn't make sense to me... unless it's a fake blade.
    Good point Skyline.
    I know a collector in germany who sells e g army, airforce
    & SA in parts.
    Regards Gerd

In response, I can cite several situations.
    Would you buy a dagger that has a missing handle and a removed motto on the blade? Certainly not, because it won't fit into your beautiful collection. I collect things a little differently, I will buy such a dagger, but only if it has visible features of a given factory. It will remain in this condition until the original blade with the correct factory for this dagger comes for sale. So I'll replace this part. Regarding the parts of dagger sold, it looks different, most of the seemingly beautiful parts either have some defect or the entire dagger was damaged and this part was in good condition, so someone sold it separately to meet the needs of shortages in given collections or to make more money on sale. Simple, it's the same with old motorcycles, restoring and supplementing the original gaps with original factory parts is not a bad thing.

Of course, I'm not talking about assembling the dagger from one part and from different factories . Eickhorn blade, Klaas handle, Hammesfahr pin... I'm far from anything like that.

This blade has a defect - it is too short by 1 mm, you can see the broken end of the blade.

the cross grain on this blade was probably a lighting issue?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bertram Reihn Blade with Motto - Need Help  

If I manage to purchase it, I may post detail photos here as I have the equipment to do so...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bertram Reihn Blade with Motto - Need Help  

Quote by Warrior View Post
    the cross grain on this blade was probably a lighting issue?
    Is this the blade in question?

Yes

?

I think it is a good fake blade based on the crossgrain and the look of the tang end in pic 4.

Also tang marks don't match either of mine .. and .. as mentioned ... why a rare loose blade ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast