Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boker Ground Rohm

Article about: Hi guys. Been a while since I have had the opportunity to pick up another dagger. Could I please get your thoughts on this one. Just got home from a 92 day trip at sea and will start doing s

?

Default Boker Ground Rohm

Hi guys. Been a while since I have had the opportunity to pick up another dagger. Could I please get your thoughts on this one. Just got home from a 92 day trip at sea and will start doing some more research. I think the dagger itself is good. I just not sure on the inscription and would like your thoughts. As I know well faked. As always thanks for your time. AL
    Boker Ground RohmBoker Ground RohmBoker Ground RohmBoker Ground RohmBoker Ground Rohm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boker Ground Rohm   Boker Ground Rohm  

Boker Ground Rohm   Boker Ground Rohm  

Boker Ground Rohm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Boker Ground Rohm
    P
    Many

?

I should have said partial Rohm doh!

Hi Allan.
    Scabbard has been repainted as I see a mucky looking finger print left on wet paint and poor coverage in the center of the scabbard.
    The blade is good but over cleaned which looks maybe with an abrasive? ...Photos make it look that way.

The crossguards both appear to be Boker..the upper guard being the 1st type used having that known Boker curvature...the lower guard looks to be the 2nd type used resembling almost an Ernst pack guard having that straight across look to ot...but it isnt a Pack guard ...just somewhat comparable to one.

The grip is good with a generically seen runes button on these 2nd type daggers.
    IMO a Boker put together with repainted scabbard and over cleaned blade.

The AW initials looks period done ...or could be the Root Beer creator?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks a lot Larry. Your eyes are lot better than mine. And I did not pick up on the difference between the crossguards. Not that I consider myself that good. Also missed the fingerprint which I now see that you have pointed it out. So a parts dagger. Any thoughts on the inscription?

Inscription is correct and right as rain
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I like the dagger in it's entirety. Looks to be an example that it's owner accomplished the removal of the Ernst Rohm name only on his own, using the tools that he had available on hand. The shell has been repainted at some time, before or after the war. A close inspection most of the time can determine when that may have taken place. A rare and desirable SS Rohm Honor dagger of which only 9,900 were presented. As compared to 125,000 of the like SA examples. I'd love to own this dagger.

?

Hi I have had a look at dagger in hand and for the life of me the crossguards look the same. Have tried to take a couple of pictures to show blade fit to crossguard. And one next to my Klass just because it looks cool. Fingerprint is not on scabbard but it has been touched up at some point. I like the dagger even if lower crossguard is not quite right. If I lived overseas I would wait for a perfect one. Here in NZ the will most likely never happen. Overall it presents well. ThanksBoker Ground RohmBoker Ground RohmBoker Ground RohmBoker Ground RohmBoker Ground RohmBoker Ground Rohm

Sometimes original photos are not the greatest and since you have it i hand and with greater photos ...the lower guard now appears to be the first type as well having that slight upward curvature on the guard ends.
    You done well and a great dagger.

Best Larry

?

Thanks Larry. I can rest easier at night now. Appreciate your time and expertise.

?

Im not having problems with the lower guard, the fit is spot on.
    And even big companies in the days had lack of materials, so a buy next door is very well possible.
    when you have taken down an early SS or SA dagger and seen the tight tang to guard fit its easy enough to tell if this one came this way from of the Böker Werk.
    So i would like to see a picture of the tang with the lower guard on it before condeming it as a parts.
    Sofar i dont see no partdagger in it yet.
    I love that typical rounded grip Böker used in these early daggers.

The scabbard is exactly like Larry stated.

Ger

darn i overlooked the last reply Larry made....
    Nice to see i was correct in my observations LOL

Sorry Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast