Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Buying a SS dagger for my fathers birthday

Article about: I am sorry in advanced I am sure this has been asked so many times I have been looking for a SS dagger to buy for my father and a dealer I know has this one. The problem I have is he said it

I just hope I am allowed to import them to Australia as here we have crazy laws

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buying a SS dagger for my fathers birthday
    P
    Many

Thats something you have to discuss with the merchant and their shipping procedures. They know the import restrictions.
    You are also still welcome to post anything you find from any of these merchants here if you have concerns or just not sure...just to verify ..but yes those 3 are a very good resource.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you very much again I look forward to learning more
    Have a good one all

Quote by happychicken View Post
    I just hope I am allowed to import them to Australia as here we have crazy laws
    We have other members from Australia, you may want to reach out to some of them for info.
    Or, you could open a thread in the Discussion section of the forum asking for info.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discussions/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I have bought items from lakesidetrader.com many times. I had an issue with one item but Paul fixed it up quick smart.

You can't import daggers into Australia without a permit B709B from your local police force. Queensland is fine but I think other States may be more restrictive. Last time I imported one (a few years ago) I applied for the permit which I think was free (took about 2 weeks) then emailed a copy to Paul who placed it in the box with the dagger. It was still stopped by customs who sent a letter to me informing me of the seizure and that I had 30ish days to mail them the permit or the dagger would be forfeited. I sent the permit via registered mail and received the dagger about 2 weeks later. A painful process considering you can import swords without a permit but well worth the effort compared to Australian dealer prices.

Alex

?

welcome to the forum
    you come to right home
    bests collecting

?

That dagger is a complete post war repop, as the others have mentioned.

Hi Happychicken ….. I’ll be your father if you like if you intend to spend nearly $7000 on a dagger for him …
    As long as it’s not that piece you asked all to review!

Alex W - could I be bold and ask you to PM me please if you'd be willing to offer your experiences and advice on the B709B application process? would be hugely appreciated

Advice please: Importation into Australia (B709B) Question
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-03-2021 at 01:49 AM.

My gosh, just did a rapid search on SS chained daggers for sale, where did they all go? Military Collectibles, Brian Maederer had 3 or 4 available and I recently bought 1 from him that had the tag of the vet who brought it home. They are all gone!

Has the politicians in Australia gone berserk? I've never heard of such ridiculous restriction on society. Pity you in Australia as your loss of freedom continues to mount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2