Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Could Böker have made chain daggers?

Article about: Greetings, dear collectors and colleagues. I've been doing a bit of research on SS daggers and have a question about the manufacturer of the Böker SS dagger. This maker is known for making

Default Could Böker have made chain daggers?

Greetings, dear collectors and colleagues. I've been doing a bit of research on SS daggers and have a question about the manufacturer of the Böker SS dagger. This maker is known for making early M33 models that were made until 1936. I have not found a late dagger with the RZM code from Böker anywhere. It is impossible for this prestigious manufacturer to stop making SS daggers. So I wondered if he continued on the M36 model, which were not marked. On some M36 daggers I see the grip shaped the same and with the same SS rune that Böker had on the early daggers. I read somewhere that the M36 models were made by Eickhorn, but not much is said about other manufacturers. In addition to the 4 types of chain, I can see the differences in the grips. More than once I have seen an M36 scabbard with an M33 Böker dagger on the grounds that the original M33 dagger wearer upgraded to an M36 by purchasing a scabbard. Could it also be that the Böcker manufacturer used an old stock of early blades to make the M36? I would also add: Shouldn't chain daggers be further divided according to grip, for example type B1 with grip 1, type C with grip 2?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could Böker have made chain daggers?
    P
    Many

Great Question Kurt and I find it very encouraging other than seeing as of lately those who really dont care about this hobby and just want to vet items through this website !

A great question will require a detailed answer and the members who collect these types are welcome to comment. I will put in my 3 cents later on as I am currently out with the wife shopping.
    What I can say is that Boker did not make any SS RZM Daggers but did have a contract number to produce HJ knives. RZM 7/75.
    More to follow later on the main question.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There are a few unidentified producers of the Chained SS daggers ..and some of the fittings " seem " to point to certain producers ....what should be taken into consideration is that alot of SA and SS producers bought what they could not produce on their own or time constraints held back their production time...they relied on other producers who could producer or contractors who just produced those fittings such as grip eagles runes buttons...cross guards etc.

Could Boker have produced or even assembled CH SS daggers?.....maybe
    Mostly seen crossguards on CH SS daggers are the generic internally marked PA ( Piel & Adey )
    Most runes buttons seen are the SS lightning bolts touching the circumference of the buttons...also generic.

We know Boker to have pimples in their mottos with extra darkening within....all unmarked CH SS dagger mottos are very shallow in depth ...a trait seen with CH SS daggers.

Eickhorn had slightly deeper motto etches.

Sure we see early SS daggers placed inside CH SS scabbards..but that is not the question here ...but the question is who were the unknown producers ? We can only guess ..but IMO not really much to go on as I stated above some of the fittings were common with many SS producers.

Some of the blades only were produced outside or could of been produced inhouse by a major producer..but who.
    Some blade tang markings can be identified by the producer...other tang markings are unknown and only found by observation on the same producer who fitted it together.

Bertram Reinh produced nothing and were only assemblers of this fine dagger created by perfect specifications from all outside subcontractors.

SA dagger Haco..another example that they did not producer ...but where a distributor...but their fittings point to an unknown Suhl producer.

The mystery will remain on the identities of the CH SS dagger until documentation surfaces proving otherwise.
    Great Question Kurt ...thats my 4 cents...I went over board in my reply.

I would like to hear from the the collectors of this type dagger ensemble so as to add pieces to an unfinished puzzle.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The question of who manufactured chained SS daggers will never be answered until written documentation surfaces, which most likely will not happen. Not unlike the question of who made the SS 120/34 EM daggers. Many collectors think the 120/34 is a Pack product because of the grip shape and particularly the scabbard fittings, but otherwise there is no proof, just speculation.