Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Damascus SS Honor Blade

Article about: Greetings All, I am thinking about selling an SS Honor dagger Blade that I have had in my pile for many years. I have not shown it around a bunch and my friend, not a Dealer, has asked me to

?

Default Damascus SS Honor Blade

Greetings All,

I am thinking about selling an SS Honor dagger Blade that I have had in my pile for many years. I have not shown it around a bunch and my friend, not a Dealer, has asked me to post it up to see what the consensus is on it. I have never had any real doubts about it, but here is what I do know.

1. It is Genuine Damascus, tested by me.

2. It conforms to Eickhorn Damascus Pattern #420 as pictured in my Original Eickhorn Kundendienst.

3. The Tang is marked with the stamped word DAMST and a Lot number like the earlier Eickh. Blades. I have seen some later blades with the word Forged onto the Tang and raised from the surface and even a tiny Eickh squirrel similar to the one on the inside of the Grip Plates on their TENO Hewer. The Lot numbers are always Stamped.

4. There was Originally a Dedication on the Reverse of the blade that has been removed. Unfortunately, the MM was removed also, but, I am sure it is an Eickh.

Well, that is what I can say I know about this item. So here are the Pics! Fire Away!

I appreciate and Thank you for any and all Comments.

BTW, I never see these things listed anywhere and really have NO idea of what I should ask for it. So any help on an evaluation would be Appreciated!

SAmann

Damascus SS Honor Blade

Damascus SS Honor Blade

Damascus SS Honor Blade

Damascus SS Honor Blade Damascus SS Honor Blade
    Last edited by SAMann; 08-12-2021 at 12:08 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Damascus SS Honor Blade
    P
    Many

?

Hey Guys, *crickets* 26 Views and not a single comment? Good or Bad, Please, let me know what you Think. C'mon, Did I put it in the wrong Forum? Gwar?

SAmann

Not too sure of this and looking into it. Have patience
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Something to check out.
    SS Honor Dagger in the Classifieds
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thankyou Ralph for digging this thread out. I remember this one now.

@ SAMann ..I cant say for sure if your blade and the blade that is seen in the link that Ralph provided could be the same ...but it would make sense that it might.

The condition of your blade is in far worse condition that in the links photo...and the gilt on your blade is near perfect ..not matching the overall condition.
    I have seen early SA daggers ruined by purposely adding a grind to the blade only to hump up the price a few hundred dollars ..which really isnt worth the time and effort..but further degraded worse in value than what it started out to be.

I cant say for sure whats happening here and no evaluation can be given on this.
    The SS Community here and myself try to give the best answers or advice and not leave anything unanswered. This is one of these items that is difficult and I would encourage you to post it on the GDC site...German Daggers ...these guys go deeper in depth and study.
    I am also a member there.

This thread will remain open for further comments and opinions.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill