Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A decent SS Boker dagger?

Article about: Evening everyone. An auction house in the UK has this SS Boker dagger coming up for auction soon. I've looked at various examples online and this one seems to be original with some denting o

?

Default A decent SS Boker dagger?

Evening everyone.

An auction house in the UK has this SS Boker dagger coming up for auction soon. I've looked at various examples online and this one seems to be original with some denting on the scabbard.

Worth a bid?

Thanks.
    James.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A decent SS Boker dagger?   A decent SS Boker dagger?  

A decent SS Boker dagger?   A decent SS Boker dagger?  

A decent SS Boker dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A decent SS Boker dagger?
    P
    Many

The grip is in nice shape and I really like the matching patina on the nickel fittings. I'm a big fan of patina like this. It's hard to get a good gauge on the blade with those pics, but it looks unmessed with and the typical black Boker motto really stands out. However, the scabbard looks like it might be a repaint. I know many were period repainted, but for me the scabbard has got to be blued unless the price is adjusted accordingly. Worth a bid? For me yes, but there's always a point where it's not if the bidding gets too high.

?

Hi Skylinedrive.
    In this photo it looks like there is an attempt to darken the motto.
    Regards Georgi.A decent SS Boker dagger?

Quote by georgi View Post
    Hi Skylinedrive.
    Regards Georgi.
    Could be, but I don't really see what makes you think so. Original Boker mottos are really dark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A decent SS Boker dagger?  

Go for it Jim...yes its worth a try and I also agree with Skyline ...Boker mottos are on the darker side.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for your help with this dagger guys. I think from what you've told me I'll place a bid and see how it goes!!

?

Quote by georgi View Post
    Hi Skylinedrive.
    Regards Georgi.A decent SS Boker dagger?
    If it wouldnt be blackened then i would be worried according Boker
    that would mean that it had been polished to dead, like for example Heller they have these lovely black Motto's
    I realy love these rounded grips on a Boker, unique to the maker.

Ger