Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Early EP&S SS Dagger

Article about: Folks, I have planning on adding my first SS dagger to my collection for quite some time and due to soaring prices, I thought I should do it soon. I saw this early PACK on the E stand on the

?

Default Early EP&S SS Dagger

Folks,

I have planning on adding my first SS dagger to my collection for quite some time and due to soaring prices, I thought I should do it soon. I saw this early PACK on the E stand on the Wehrmacht awards forum but when I enquired about it, it had sold. The following week I spotted it on a dealer site that I have dealt with in the past due to it’s good reputation amongst forum members. Although I paid slightly more from the dealer, I pulled the trigger. The grip has faded revealing the natural wood in places but I know that this is common with EP&S. The blade isn’t in great shape due to heavy cleaning but was within my price range. It had been suggested that this had been a ground Rohm although to my knowledge, PACK only produced a Rohm inscription on their SA daggers and although the blade isn’t mint, the profile is fine and doesn’t appear to have been ground at all. Everything fits well and the dagger and scabbard fittings all match in material and patina. The scabbard is anodized as would be expected. From my limited (but growing) knowledge I don’t see any red flags with it but it’s always nice to have a bit of back-up if I’m going to be looking at it every day in my display case. I would very much appreciate your thoughts.
    Cheers
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early EP&S SS Dagger   Early EP&S SS Dagger  

Early EP&S SS Dagger   Early EP&S SS Dagger  

Early EP&S SS Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early EP&S SS Dagger
    P
    Many

No Issues that I can see from where Im sitting
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry,
    I’m relieved to hear it chum. I’ve been watching this thread like a nervous child waiting for you to log on and make a call on it.

Andy

Other than blade gray and smudging its fine.
    It wont hurt to use simichrome and should clean up a little taking off the topical grime and dirt.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill